DescriptionMacmillan Learning is a part of the family-owned Holtzbrinck group of companies and is one of the leading educational technology companies. Through deeppartnership with the world's best researchers, educators, administrators, anddevelopers, we facilitate teaching and learning opportunities that spark student engagement and improve outcomes. We provide educators with tailored solutions designed to inspire student curiosity and measure progress. Macmillan Learning is comprised of renowned brands including Bedford/St. Martins, W.H. Freeman, Worth Publishers, Sapling Learning, SkyFactor, Intellus Learning, Late Nite Labs, and Hayden-McNeil. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to reflecting a broad representation of differences -- race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexualorientation, gender identity/expression, physical ability, age, family status, economic background and status, geographical background and status, and perspective-- in our workplace. The successful candidate for this position will become an employee of Bedford Freeman & Worth Publishing Group, LLC (“BFW”), d/b/a Macmillan Learning. Bedford Freeman & Worth Publishing Group, LLC has developed an affirmative action program in compliance with the NY Department of Education’s guidance. Portions of the affirmative action program are available for review by applicants and employees by contacting Human Resources.Requirements
The Senior Media Project Manager will be responsible for leading discipline-wide decisions around shared content and best practices for the discipline list as a whole, working to maintain a unified look and feel of the media products. They will also assist in developing media products through the title life-cycle process including scheduling, gathering content, content management, QA, bug fixes, and site rollout. The Senior Media Project Manager will own a discipline lists creating any of the following: LaunchPad’s, LaunchPad Solo’s, Sapling Plus’ and Achieve products. The Senior Media Project Manager will report to the Director of Digital Production within the Content Management group.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop many media products through the title life-cycle process including scheduling, gathering content, content management, QA, bug fixes, and site rollout.
- Own titles and possibly entire discipline list from launch to product release.
- Make effective use of the print to digital group as well as the scheduling team, make sure the scheduling team is aware of any gains or delays in media-related tasks.
- Gather final ePub files and process files to complete all e-book enhancements required per title according to our policies and procedures.
- Analyze scheduling blockers and creatively problem-solve to keep projects on target and on time.
- Make discipline-wide decisions around standardizing the look and feel of media products, maintaining best practices for the team and make decisions around shared content.
- Employee will also manage updatewindows for media products by gathering all necessary tickets, reviewing to ensure content has been delivered and make updates on lower tiers for testing and review before re-deploying as live.
- Troubleshoot bugs and errors within media products and within production tools to determine the course of action to solve the problem including determining whether to escalate issues and to whom.
- Employee will see issue through to resolution communicating with sales and marketing as necessary to close the loop with the instructor/student.
- Employee should review editorial requests for new functionality and provide recommendations.
- Employee should complete testing in live environment courses to review content functionality.
- Employee should work withdevelopers to tweak media to pass stakeholder needs.
- Employee will manage discipline level trainings and documentation, hosting additional trainings as changes are implemented.
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- At least 3 years experience in a similar role
- Strong technical and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem solver and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with the tools and protocols used for publishing content electronically, including: ePub, HTML, XML, Photoshop and the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Proficiency with MS Office, MS Project and ticketing systems
- Experience working with course management systems
- Exceptional communication, production and organizational skills
- Ability to follow a pre-defined process and workflow.