Follow regimented quality assurance / quality control procedures. Detailed design activities include preparation of fabrication drawing packages, equipment datasheets, fabrication specifications, procurement specifications, engineering studies, test plans, and detailed equipment sizing & qualification calculations. Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality. Responsibilities include coordinating / leading the detailed phases of a design and working directly with other engineering disciplines.
- Support development of functional and operational requirements, design criteria, and identification of applicable codes and standards for new design packages
- Support the LANL engineering services team at TA-55, Plutonium Facility with facility system upgrades and equipment installation design tasks
- Develop modification design change packages
- Disposition field change requests and Nonconformance Reports
- Review and approve design performed by Design Agencies external to LANL
- Review vendor data
- Assist in the development of engineering project management plans
- Assist system engineers in developing and maintaining technical baseline documents at project closeout
- Minimum of twelve (12) years design engineering experience.
- Assignments are on-site at Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) working with Triad National Security
- Q-Clearance applicants preferred and the ability to obtain a Q-Clearance is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience (relevant experience includes non-reactor nuclear facility design, nuclear reactor design and/or operations, nuclear environmental management, or naval nuclear operations / design)
- Eligible for Temporary Duty travel costs
- Demonstrated capability in the design of custom equipment and/or containment systems, development of design documentation including fabrication drawings, engineering analyses, strength of materials calculations, fabrication and procurement specifications and a basic knowledge in the selection of materials.
- Proficient with 3D design software – (PTC Creo or ProE preferred)
- Degree Requirements: Bachelor of Sciences in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET Accredited Program is required. Engineering Technology degree will not be considered.
- Working knowledge of MS Office products (Word, Excel).
- Excellent written communication skills
- Applicant must be able to obtain a DOE clearance.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in glovebox ergonomics preferred
- Familiarity with AutoCad a plus.
- Experience in the DOE and DOD market segments a plus.
- Local candidates preferred.
- PE License required
- Client projects for this position require US Citizenship
- The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.