CDI Engineering Solutions is seeking a Sr. Mechanical Engineer with a specialization in Rotating Equipment. Great Opportunity, Great Benefits, Great Team!
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Prepare rotating equipment technical specifications detailing performance requirements, specific components, design requirements, applicable design codes, and vendor drawing requirements.
- Prepare datasheets, inquiry documents, purchase requisition package for rotating equipment packages.
- Evaluates vendor bids and drawings to assure compliance with specifications. Prepare bid tabulations on complex package purchases with recommendation to specific vendor to award.
- Reviews rotating equipment vendor drawings for accuracy and completeness.
- Demonstrates a continuing consciousness of safety in daily activities, and implemented in work designed.
- Evaluates vendor bids and drawings to assure compliance with specifications.
- Visits vendor facilities to inspect equipment for compliance with requirements.
- Visits job-sites to evaluate site, project requirements and conditions.
- Interfaces with other disciplines and Clients. Reviews rotating equipment vendor drawings for accuracy and completeness.
- Performs related fundamental engineering support tasks such as updating computer lists, filing prints, distributing drawings, making simple calculations, proofreading reports, etc.
- Develops a focus on least cost, safe design.
- Capable of interfacing with construction crews during construction phase to provide and received input relative to accuracy of drawings, coordination of shutdowns and to expedite the timely and efficient completion of the project.
- Maintains continued awareness of project schedule and budget
- Keeps supervisor informed of progress.
- Meet company quality assurance requirements for personal work assignments.
- Supports field assignments are required.
Additional Qualifications, Skills & Requirements:
- 16-20 years of discipline experience in the oil/gas/petro/chemical industry.
- SME in compressors, turbines and other rotating equipment.
- Willingness to learn new approaches to work processes.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
CDI Engineering Solutions is an EEO/An Affirmative Action M/F/D/V Employer.