BD is looking for a highly talented Sr. Mechanical Engineer to be part of the R&D team for PyxisTM and AlarisTM brand of products. This individual will work with a team of experts (Systems, Electrical, Firmware, and Quality engineers) to develop innovative solutions for new feature requests, product improvements, and obsolescence management to complex electro-mechanical instrumentation in their post release part of their life cycle.
Responsibilities, skills, and behaviors that an engineer should expect to experience in this role include:
- Translate product requirements into hardware specifications.
- Solve advanced technical problems.
- Demonstrated expertise in part design for plastic injection molding and sheet metal fabrication using CAD modeling (preferably SolidWorks). Manage the release of engineering documentation.
- Develop test strategies to demonstrate designs meet requirements and specifications
- Analyze and interpret test results using statistical tools and techniques.
- Effectively present and communicate analysis to project teams and management in order to drive decisions and conclusions
- Demonstrated expertise in the use of creating component and assembly drawings that utilize traditional tolerancing and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) as appropriate.
- Mechanical component/system calculations and analysis using engineering tools and principals.
- Use and understanding of Product Data Management systems and change control process
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with cross functional personnel.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or similar. Minimum 5 years of experience is required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 2 years experience using CAD systems, preferably SolidWorks. Ability to utilize analysis tools such as FEA, etc., are required.
- Direct experience with medical devices is a regulatory environment is preferred.
- Results oriented with strong communication and writing skills.
- Strong statistical analysis ability a plus Strong problem identification and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.