Sr. Mechanical Engineer (Precision Robotics / Autoamation)
5 - 7 years experience • Medical Devices & Diagnostics
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Reporting to the Director of R&D or a Project Manager, this position is responsible for performing professional level mechanicalengineering assignments with higher degree of complexity with general direction.
The successful candidate will be able to perform analysis, design and modification of new or existing products up through the finished product level and apply industry and company Systems’ standard engineering and design principles to assigned tasks. Work errors could cause delay, expense and disruption.
Duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- · Following generally accepted guidelines and technical approaches, performs some complex tasks in the analysis, design, development, implementation and support of new or existing products. Develops new products and OEM specials along with support of existing products.
- · Working closely with both Engineering and Marketing personnel to help define new design and testing specifications.
- · Documenting projects and writes releases, ECOs, procedures and other test and verification documents as required in conformance with standard company Systems’, ISO and FDA standards.
- · Researching new mechanicalengineering practices, procedures and tools to maintain proficiency and experience with emerging technologies.
- · Providing technical guidance to other members of the Engineering staff as needed.
- · Interfacing directly with customers to assist in resolution of specific application problems unique to their respective products.
Training, Experience and skill requirements:
- · Requires BS degree in mechanicalengineering or equivalent and 5-6 years of applicable design engineeringexperience.
- · Instrument design and/or motion control experience.
- · Proficiency in Pro-E 3D solid modeling design software and Intralink.
- · Medical Device, Life Science or Biotech Industry experience is highly preferred.
- · Available to travel domestically and internationally as required.
- · Experience in design of sheet metal and precision machined components essential.
- · Good hands-on mechanical aptitude preferred.
- · Experience in design of molded plastics a plus.
- · Design For Manufacturability & Assembly coursework desirable.