The Sr. Mechanical Engineer (Mechanical Engineer III) holds a PE license in Texas and supports construction operations by providing engineering services during both construction and pre-construction stages. TDIndustries, the premier mechanical contractor in the Southwest, is looking for a highly motivated experienced design project manager (Mechanical Engineer III/Senior Engineer) to join our Engineering team. The right individual possesses great leadership qualities, communication skills and an eager willingness to meet challenges.
TDIndustries is growing our Design-Build revenue through aggressive company objectives aimed at securing more of the work that allows us to best provide project value. Design-Build is not new to TDIndustries, it is part of what makes us great. Ideal candidate shall have:
- Large/complex project design experience at a consulting engineering firm.
- Proven track record of successfully managing the design team drawing production to schedule and budget.
- A desire to participate in integrated collaborative partnerships with field partners, project managers, and our manufacturing facility. Goal is to increase project value through incorporation of partner feedback.
- An understanding that Target Value Design is an inherent component of design-build. System performance and budget are owner project requirements. This methodology requires creative solutions across every facet of the project delivery process to utilize Lean thinking and implementation. Great projects don’t happen by accident; our efforts must be proactive, intentional, and value driven.
- Technically solid fact-based decision-making abilities. TD provides Engineering-led value-based solutions. We do not compromise our reputation by cutting technical corners.
- Leadership abilities which influence and guide internal and external project teams to creative solutions while maintaining excellent relationships. TD embraces and practices Servant Leadership.
We offer a unique experience that is a great opportunity for the right individual. Although the role requires design production expertise, candidate may perform a variety of job functions including:
- Preconstruction support through leveraging the collective knowledge and creativity of the team to win projects. During these efforts you will focus on assisting with the development of project budgets and project value analysis to develop our bid strategy.
- Design-assist projects that interface with a variety of external engineering firms.
- Unbiased troubleshooting of systems ranging in size from very large stadiums/ballparks to small tenant finish projects.
- Develop and present technical training and webinars which deliver enterprise relevant and timely information.
- Working on special task forces to develop and deliver specifications and standards.
- Provide QC for in-house Design-Build engineering drawings
- Performing a variety of technical calculations such as, heating and cooling loads, hydronics, plumbing fixtures units, energy analysis, etc. Acts as the company expert on code analysis.
- Acts as the company expert on code analysis.
- Creates technical reports to support recommendations or engineering positions on issues.
- Supervises, mentors and/or coaches others on the team and conducts timely, complete and meaningful performance management conversations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar engineering degree is required.
- Professional Engineering license is required.
- Basic Revit skills required.
- 10+ years of experience in mechanical design (HVAC-Industry)
- Must have trade knowledge of duct and pipe sizing, capacity, routing and engineering principles.
- LEED, CEM or CPD certification is preferred.
- Proven working experience in mechanical engineering.
- Creativity and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate technical knowledge in a clear and understandable manner.