ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
As Senior Mechanical Engineer, responsibilities include all aspects of mechanical design and consulting. The candidate must be self-motivated to design, engineer and/or manage HVAC and mechanical systems for projects including new installations, system retrofits, system replacement, and system upgrades. Engineering work requires oversite and/or implementation of the following: energy and load calculations, flow and pressure calculations, equipment selection, equipment specification, system design and layout, field investigation, and construction administration. Consulting responsibilities including participation in due diligence, energy studies, forensics, and feasibility reports. The candidate will regularly interface with clients and attend meetings and presentations, and should possess strong communication skills. This position includes an opportunity for the candidate to manage an engineering team, including mentorship and supervision of employees. The candidate should anticipate working on a diverse range of project types, primarily with the Higher Education and Healthcare markets, in addition to supporting work in our other core markets which include Aviation, Utilities infrastructure, Government and Transit.
• Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
• Registered Professional Engineer
• 10+ years significant project experience with an emphasis on Higher Education, Commercial, Healthcare, or similar projects.
• Demonstrated technical proficiency in several of our mechanical focus areas: central chilled water & boiler plants, large air handling systems, data centers and critical facilities, energy modeling and cost benefit analysis, steam and hydronic distribution systems, commissioning, building energy management systems, industry codes, standards and guidelines.
• Active participation in industry societies or peer groups such as ASHRAE, USGBC, and AEE preferred.
• Candidates with LEED AP specialty, CEM, BEMP, or similar industry credentials preferred.