Sr. Mechanical Engineer
11 - 15 years experience • Aerospace / Defense
Harris is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to perform research, development, design, and analysis tasks on complex mechanical hardware including precision mechanisms, electro-mechanical hardware, and complex electronic packaging in a program team environment.
Program support and technical leadership over requirements definition, concept generation, material selection, trade studies, design sensitivity/optimization studies, preliminary and final design, design documentation, and assembly/integration and testing.
Candidate must have experience in 3D modeling, design for manufacturing, and ability to work independently or within a multi-disciplined team environment.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, or related disciplines.
- 10+ years of relevant experience with Bachelor's Degree or 8+ years of relevant experience with a Master's Degree.
- Professional experience with CAD tools such as Creo and understanding of ASME Y14.5 Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing standards.
- Experience in design or analysis of electronic systems, structures, or mechanisms, along with engineering drawing development.
- Must be able to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with C4I technology products, mechanical packaging, or other government/DoD contracts.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization through work in a strong collaborative environment through presentations
- Exposure to Earned Value Management process and Variance Reporting.
- Current DoD Secret clearance.
- Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government securityinvestigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.