Sr. Mechanical Engineer
As the world’s cities grow more complex, people’s need to move easily becomes even more important. Enabling urban flow requires talent and ambition. Together at KONE, we create the new urban reality. Your career is a journey, and how you travel makes a difference.
It's time to make a move. Join our flow.
- 5 + years of machinery/heavy equipment design and development experience. Structural and fabrication design experience beneficial. Project Managementexperiencerequired.
- Engineering BS degree.
- Strong mechanical system technical skills and knowledge, good mechanical aptitude, and hands on interests
- Excellent organizational skills for planning, implementing, and following up on projects to ensure on time completion and desired results
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects utilizing project management tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong initiative, facilitation, and leadership skills
- Familiarity with product quality planning and tools; Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), root cause corrective action (RCCA), Product Part Approval Process (PPAP), control plans, work instructions, standard work, capacity planning, etc.Strong technical aptitude and product management skills.
Responsible for Heavy Duty Escalator systems and sub-systems. Successful candidate will lead cross functional teams to deliver system solutions that meet specific customer order requirements. These requirements include escalator specifications, performance, product cost, program investment, quality (reliability and durability), and schedule. Responsible to ensure the team’s goals are clear, provide leadership to resolve major program issues, and communicate status to key stakeholders and process partners. Cross functional team will typically include representatives from KSS, Order and KTI Engineering, Sourcing, Suppliers, Materials, Operations, and Controllers. Engagement and collaboration with key component and fabrication suppliers will be critical to achieving a strong performance.
Specifics regarding system specifications include; confirming product requirements are established and documented on schedule, facilitate resolution of disputed or unclear requirements, ensure requirements are achievable and met.
Specifics regarding product cost include; confirming clear targets are established on schedule, achievable, and met, monitor product cost during the program, and confirm alignment between KSS pricing tool, supplier, and Coal Valley projected costs.
Specifics regarding program schedule include; develop high level program schedule at program inception and confirm delivery date alignment with customer, ensure product plan has sufficient detail to confirm key milestones are met, and understand and manage the critical path.
Specifics regarding product quality include; ensure agreement on product quality and reliability targets with customer, confirm design, supplier and production quality processes are validated prior to delivering product to customer.
Specifics regarding investment include; confirm investment analysis is complete at program launch, obtain approval for program expense and capital, manage investment during program to meet or exceed (underspend) target.