Halio, Inc. is seeking an exceptional Senior Mechanical Engineer to design or specify, prototype, test, and document automation, metrology, and chemical equipment in the production of our innovative energy-efficient building products. The ideal candidate will enjoy the challenge of working in a fast paced, start-up environment with a top notch team of scientists and engineers. This full-time position will be located in Hayward, CA.
- Lead the engineering efforts to specify, design, construct, test, and document automation, metrology, and chemical production equipment at our R&D facility located in Hayward, CA:
- Chemical production systems utilizing batch, continuous flow, mixed, thermal, pressurized, fluid, and powder methods.
- Typical automated systems for handling of large, thin sheets of glass through various stages of the Kinestral product manufacturing process.
- Metrology system design or specification for SPC of production process.
- Test fixtures and assemblies for product validation testing
- Mechanical design and analysis using SolidWorks CAD software.
- Create bills of materials and manufacturing documentation using Arena PLM software.
- Create and maintain all forms of engineering documentation.
- Assist with assembly, testing, and debugging of prototype and production systems.
- Manage projects through all stages from specification through to final engineering validation.
Skills and Experience
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, advanced degree preferred
- 8+ years of experience in the design and development of automated capital equipment including:
- Small scale chemical reactor, mixing, and transfer systems
- Robotic automation systems
- Servo, pneumatic, fluid, thermal, and data acquisition systems
- Machine safety
- Project management
- 5+ years of experience using SolidWorks and 2D CAD (e.g.; AutoCAD) for product and system design and layout
- 5+ years of experience using a PLM system (Arena, Agile, or similar) using formal document control procedures
- Excellent documentation skills, including mechanical drawings, BOMs, Test Plans, Test Reports, and Schematics
Ideal candidate will also have:
- Project leadership and/or experience directing third-party design efforts
- Experience with designing for hazardous materials or processes – thermal, pressure, chemicals.
- Desire to be hands on with building and testing of systems.