Job Description Summary
We are looking to fill the role of a Senior Mechanical Engineer position in our Irvine, CA office.
Innovate with Impact
“Innovation” is more than just a word. It is a culture, it is a mindset, and it is a burning desire to create something of tremendous impact and lasting value that will change the world in ways both large and small. More importantly, innovation is a creative act, and one that requires the right mix of discipline, tenacity, vision, risk, and play. This role is among the vanguard of Halyard Health’s expansion in to new and innovative ways to care for our patients.
This Sr Mechanical Engineer (Mechatronics) is among the vanguard of Halyard Health’s expansion in new and innovative ways to care for our patients. The position acts as a technical leader on a multi-year program tocombine new, digital health technologies with a product line that has a proven, clinical track record of treating acute, post-surgical pain. Must be an individual contributor and also a leader.
- Work with the Program Leader, external partners, and sub team leaders to design innovative system architecture, leading to an understanding of the overall development plan as well identifying technology roadmaps and gap assessments.
- Design & Develop new FDA Class I / II medical devices which include electromechanical fluidic systems.
- Establish guidelines for and participate in the review of product engineering artifacts (e.g., specifications, designs, test descriptions, implementations, tests, records, reports, etc.).
- Assist in the preparation and review of product, engineering, and management plans and reports (e.g., program and project plans) as required.
- Under minimal direction, prepare updates to system specifications, designs, test descriptions, hazard analysis, validation test procedures, and related documentation supporting software development to known standards.
- Mentor less senior team members and peer review product artifacts including requirement specifications, design specifications, etc.
- Establish and maintain working knowledge of technology trends and how they are or can be made relevant to our business. Partner with external vendors to access future technology roadmaps.
- Develop a close working relationship with colleagues in the sales and marketing organizations to understand the market space and to translate that knowledge to product requirements.
- Spend time in the field with physicians and key opinion leaders to develop and maintain close ties with on-the-ground happenings in our market.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with partners in the Quality and Operations organizations to work to ensure smooth and timely product introductions.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering, Electro-Mechanical or similar
- 5+ years of experience in medical devices with electronic pumps
- Flexibility to work in an agile development model with electronics and software teams
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational, problem solving, and communication skills (both written and verbal)
Halyard Health is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.