$80K — $100K *
At Lockheed Martin, Missiles & Fire Control (MFC) you’ll have an opportunity to create a better world every day. For most individuals, our work challenges belong merely to headlines and tweets. But our employees routinely experience a broad range of programs and projects, each geared to important human needs. Whatever your assignment, you’ll use your education and experience to take on formidable challenges. Meanwhile, you can rely on the resources of a global technology leader to back the kind of innovation that has characterized our historic breakthroughs.
Our Engineering teams are constantly seeking knowledgeable Engineers with a focus in Analysis experience such as: , Structural, and Dynamics Analysis, , , and Engineering.
As a member of the Engineering’s Analysis team individuals may be responsible for, but not limited to, task such as:
• Linear and non-linear analysis, composites analysis, modal analysis, buckling analysis, joint and mechanism analysis.
• Finite element modeling and analysis
• Oversight or support of structural including definition and planning, requirements, monitoring,
• Data reduction and report writing, and correlation with analysis.
• Create and correlate analytical models to provide guidance for product development. performance, structural and tests and measurements.
Our employees enjoy a great benefits package that may include:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
Orlando is a city in the Central Florida area. This region is a great place to live and to raise a family. Central Florida offers lots of attractive residential housing options. The Greater Orlando metropolitan area is the sixth largest metro area in the southeastern United States. The climate here is warm and sunny all year long for the most part. Orlando is home to the University of Central Florida (UCF), Walt Disney World, and SeaWorld.
Where can you get to from Orlando? Orlando is about an hour's drive from Cocoa Beach and the "Space Coast" to include NASA and the Kennedy Space Center.
Tampa is about 1 and ¼ hours from Orlando.
West Palm Beach is about 2.5 hours to the south and Jacksonville is about 2 hours to the northeast.
Atlanta, GA is 6 hours to the northwest.
Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen and be able to obtain a Department of Defense Secret Clearance.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university with 5 years of professional experience or 3 years of professional experience with a related Masters Degree.
Experience with one or more of the following:
• Experience working in a Engineering role focused on Dynamics, , Structural or analysis.
• Experience with motors (SRM).
• Trajectory simulations of Liquid Fuel Integral Ramjets
• Proficiency with using structural/hydrodynamic codes. Proficiency with generating associated plans and procedures within the discipline.
• Experience with the testing, including test fixture , instrumentation for excitations and responses, control schemes, and data generation and processing.
• Knowledge of modeling experience with related application software such as ANSA, Nastran, Abaqus, NX, FEMAP, Patran, and/or HyperMesh
• Experience with FEM solvers, preferably Siemens NX 10 Suite (or higher) OR other comparable FEM pre / postprocessors
• Experience in Engineering or Analysis
• Experience with CFD solvers, preferably FloEFD 15 (or higher) OR other comparable CFD pre/postprocessors.
Previous experience working in a defense contracting environment.
Existing, active U.S. government security clearance.
Valid through: 10/14/2020