About the team: The Design Engineering team is a diverse group of Mechanical, Electrical, Software and System Engineers. The mission: design custom capital equipment and support R&D programs to enable Alta Devices’ cutting edge solar cell technology and production factories.
What we need: The Mechanical Engineer will perform mechanical design duties including designing, building, testing and manufacturing of a proprietary automation equipment which is integral to the execution of Alta’s high efficiency solar module. The engineer will work with team members who are responsible for previous and subsequent processing steps to determine the specifications of the tool. The design work will include identification of needs, concept to detail design, and prototyping. Experience and exposure to other equipment platforms related to automation, assembly and test is required.
What You’ll do:
- Determination of specifications.
- Design from concept to detail drawings.
- Optimization of automation systems and designs.
- Manage build and testing of new designs into tool.
- Set up operation specification for the tool.
- Input and support of the design and automation of the Alta manufacturing line.
- Tool quality assurance during all phases of development and implementation.
- Interface with tool development partners and suppliers.
Skills You’ll Need:
The successful candidate understands tool and system design and is capable of building equipment from R&D to manufacturing. Additional requirements include:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 5-12 years of industry experience in integration, design of equipment and automation.
- Deep expertise with system design and integration
- Technical expertise in designing automation for handling high precision processes
- Strong problem solving skills in mechanics, materials and thermal stress
- Experience in both development and manufacturing environments
- Experience with supplier management and/or collaborating with remote engineering teams
- Excellent communication skills and positive attitude
- Experience with Agile or equivalent PLM systems.
- Advanced knowledge with SoildWorks and AutoCAD or equivalent CAD systems
This position is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.