The Senior Mechanical Engineer should have exceptional skills with conceiving andcreating 3D mechanical designs. This role will be part of Align goal to deliver our clear aligners (Invisalign®) and 3D scanners (iTero®) to our customers. We would love for you to join a fun and cutting-edge technology company that has helped create over 4 Million Smiles (#4MILLIONSMILES).
Quick Summary of Responsibilities:
Identifying, evaluating and developing new technologies for Align’s application needs with focus in Mechanical Engineering. Work with internal and external resources to build proof of concept and prototype systems and to deploy the new systems in Align’s manufacturing facilities. Responsible for the support of on-going production activities and participation in the development of new technologies....
- Designs and builds new equipment, custom automation assemblies, CAD model creation of part, assembly and drawing per design, this is hands-on position touches all aspects of electro-mechanical systems, system safety from design concept, build a proof of concept system to prototype for manufacture floor.
- Create 3D Mechanical Design system, fixtures, tooling, bracket, et. Bill of Material, drawing packages for manufacturing. Pneumatic architecture including layout, schematics.
- Research, define, develop, and implement new state of the art manufacturing processes, methods, and technologies.
- Mechanical/electrical equipment and software installation, qualification, validation, and trouble shooting.
- Develop and conduct process and equipment training courses, and produce associated course material.
- Analyze, specify, and implement cost effective equipment that improves operational performance and output.
- Assume leadership in mechanical design, test, integration and implementation
- Collaborate with cross-functional resources to develop new technologies equipment, process, materials, software.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Optimize equipment utilization, determine and implement plant layout, and material flows to optimize operations.
- Analyze, specify, and implement material handling equipment that cost effectively improves operations.
- Ensures the effective fulfillment of objectives and deadlines assigned to the group.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Undergraduatedegree in Mechanical / ElectricalEngineering, Mechatronics, Manufacturing Technology or any applicable Engineering discipline. Master Degree is a plus but not mandatory.
- 8+ years of experience in Mechanical / Automation Engineering, or related field
- Extensive experience in designing complex assembly systems in Solidworks and layout design in AutoCAD
- Expert in different disciplines (mechanical, electro-mechanical, Pneumatic, software) to drive the resolutions.
Other technologies being used at Align.
- Experience with Motion Controllers, Servo Drives and Motors and Robots is preferred -- SCARA, Articulated 6-Axis , Cartesian, Vision system, Industrial Components -- Sensors, Relays, Switches, Temperature Controllers, Power Supplies, Timers, and Counters, Auto ID -- barcode and RFID
- Safety: Safety Light Curtains, Laser Scanners, Edges and Bumpers, Mats, and Area Guarding, Interlock Switches, Monitoring Relays, and Programmable Safety Controller
Nice to have:
- Experience in Medical Device or Pharmaceuticals manufacturing in a FDA regulated environment helpful but not mandatory.
- FDA regulated environment experience is desirable.
- Must posses the ability to effectively communicate in both oral and written form with emphasis on requirements and specifications.
- In addition, must have the ability to report project status accurately and in timely fashion to Manager / Director level management.
Job ID P135595