Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer - Motor / Generator Design
We are looking for Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer - Motor/Generator Design for our client in Elgin, IL
Job Title: Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer - Motor/Generator Design
Job Location: Elgin, IL
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
“US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.”
- ?Experience Level (Years) 10 years
- Candidate must be able to and has proven record of generating innovative, cost effective and simple to manufacture concepts involving:·
- Stringent requirements for rotating hardware and associated dynamics.
- Bearing design of large diameter shafts
- Containment of high speed, high temperature structures and assemblies
- High precision and tight tolerance design requirements
- Fluent use of solid modeling and finite element design and analysis tools.
- Must be able to prepare and/or detailed mechanical drawings and bills of material for procurement and manufacture.
- Position requires candidate to be highly detail oriented and able to effectively manage their time to complete projects in a timely manner.
- Keywords: Motor Generator Designer, Power Electronics, Battery Systems
- MS in ElectricalEngineering
- 10 years working experience in the design and manufacturing of Electric Machines and high strength magnet installations for aerospace applications
- Demonstrated experience in thermal loss calculations including and methods to mitigate them
- 2D and 3D CAD and solid modeling tools experience and engineering drawing generation and configuration management.
- Motor Generator Designer
- Battery Systems Design