What's inside of this company is what makes them extraordinary! Design/Innovation/Quality/Service & Pride!
SR. MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
Due to continuing covid restrictions our client is offering Monday and Friday work from home
With 250 years in business and over 1,000 employees, worldwide customers, having design innovation, quality, service and pride!
These are very exciting times to join this company as they are growing and continuing to add to their Engineering Team. We're looking for a "can do attitude" Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer, to lead by example to a small group of engineers and drafters in developing products from concept through production. You will be the project manager working with other departments, being that "hands-on" engineer from a practical standpoint. You will also be part of lab and testing, and working through manufacturing processes.
The role of the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer with a "can do" attitude, you will define, plan, execute, and finalize product development projects according to deadlines and within budget while meeting identified objectives. This includes coordinating the efforts of team members, contractors, consultants, and suppliers in order to deliver product development projects according to plan. Limited to no guidance is expected.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
Project Management and Leadership:
- Follow a phase gate procedure for project steps
- Review project feasibility and draft and obtain Authorization For Development (AFD)
- Estimate resources needed to achieve project goals
- Direct and manage product development projects from concept to release for production
- Create and maintain project schedules
- Manage projects to meet schedules including:
- Working with team members to ensure completion of project objectives on-time
- Manage changes to project and product scope
- Identify and communicate potential threats of schedule to management
- Participate in product release for production and related sale activities
- Provide periodic oral and written reports of project status
Perform Engineering tasks in the development of new products and cost reduction:
- Safe product designs and safety of task completion is essential
- Participation in development of product specifications
- Produce conceptual designs
- Manage development process to produce new designs
- Identify applicable standards relating to the design of new products
- Analyze designs to ensure applicable industry standards are met
- Analyze designs using engineering analysis tools and techniques such as 3-D modeling, FEA and CFD
- Review instruction manuals and product literature
- Define and lead prototype development, lab tests and field installations
- Assist manufacturing in the introduction of new products into production
- Conduct design reviews and tolerance analysis
Participate in identification of new product opportunities:
- Assist in the research of product needs
- Evaluate company and competitive products
- Propose and develop technologies to fulfill customer needs
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum 6 years of product design and project management experience
- Professional Engineering registration desired, but not required
- Valve design experience using applicable valve industry standards desired, but not required.
- Experience with valve industry standards and engineering policies and procedures
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to conform to changing priorities, demands and timelines
- Strong written and oral communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Willingness to stay current with emerging trends and developments in technical fields
Excellent base salary based on experience, company wide bonus program and full benefits package.