$150K - $200K(Ladders Estimates)
Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers – and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
The Travelers Infrastructure & Cloud Services organization is seeking an experienced and motivated Technology Engineer to support the hardware and infrastructure automation components for our enterprise Informatica MDM, IDQ and IICS infrastructure platforms.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in server infrastructure for Linux systems (virtual & cloud) and current infrastructure automation practices & tooling (Puppet, UCD, etc.), intermediate scripting skills, a basic to intermediate understanding of networking, security, and monitoring principles, an in depth understanding of Informatica platforms, as well as the analytic, organizational, and communication skills necessary to be an effective technical leader in a visible role.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
Design, implement, and maintain automation processes for the installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of Linux systems which will host Informatica MDM, IDQ and IICS solutions.
Participate in architecture design (including providing recommendations) for hardware architecture (virtual, cloud-based) that will host Informatica solutions.
Provide guidance on industry best practices for infrastructure automation.
Design and implement scripts for automation where applicable.
Provide basic Informatica platform support as well as understand and implement intermediate to advanced Administration duties.
Help design, document, and implement administrative procedures for the Informatica MDM platform.
Build, leverage, and maintain effective relationships across technical and business community.
Participate in 24×7 production support rotation and provide off-hours support as required.
Act as a point of contact with our vendors to troubleshoot and resolve issues as required.
Research, analyze, and evaluate potential software products for use in the Informatica infrastructure platforms.
Provide IT and business partners consultation on using the Informatica platforms effectively
Follow all enterprise change management and project management processes.
High School diploma or equivalent required. 3 years of experience in Technology required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
– Has an advanced knowledge of tools and techniques required for area(s) of responsibility and a general understanding of the business that the assigned projects are supporting. Leverages this understanding of the business and systems environment to develop appropriate and timely solutions to daily issues. Has conceptual knowledge of varying technologies and the ability to make decisions based on that knowledge.
– Creates an atmosphere where business partner issues are dealt with professionally and in a timely manner.
– Demonstrates sound analytical and diagnostic skills dealing with issues that are loosely defined and where information is available but must be further manipulated.
– Responsibilities are assigned with latitude for setting priorities and decision making in accordance with business client priorities.
– Maintains effective partnerships across the department, and with business customers, and is able to provide management with substantive input and influence peers and project staff through an inclusive style and recognition of abilities and knowledge Planning and Project Management.
– Typically has a minimum of 5-10 years of hands on experience in information technology infrastructure, with strong aptitude with: Informatica MDM, Informatica IDQ, Informatica IICS, solution development/delivery
– Have a deep understanding of capabilities and the direction of technology and applications, coupled with an in-depth knowledge of the technology required and the needs of business environment necessary to support assigned application/function and/or projects
– Educated to BA, BS degree and/or level higher, a plus.
– Have the ability to interact and communicate both written and verbally with the Business Head and their Senior Management team.
– Strong written skills are required in the documentation of policies, procedures and standards as they apply to security. Must be able to help motivate team members and project owners to successful completion of required projects.
– Ability to create metrics, presentations and other documents as needed.
– Have the ability to manage and prioritize responsibilities through the effective use of time management and organizational techniques.
– Must be flexible and be able to manage several projects simultaneously. Must be able to work through cross-departmental situations, track performance, communicate expectations, anticipate and recognize problems and, when appropriate, escalate appropriately.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
Proficient in server infrastructure technologies and implementation with a specific focus on Linux RHEL 7 including implementations in virtual and cloud environments.
Intermediate to advanced skillset in Linux OS, Linux shell scripting, repo based software deployments.
Intermediate experience w/ networking and storage solutions that may be leveraged by the Linux server environment.
10+ years of Informatica MDM, IDQ experience
Informatica MDM version 10.2+ required
Informatica IDQ version 10.2+ required
Informatica IICS is a plus
Maintain Informatica MDM platform – master data management (previously known as Siperian) including application servers (JBOSS) for cluster and high availability needs.
Manage new installations and configurations, hot fixes, and upgrades
Design documentation for administration procedures, security models, backup, failover/recovery operations for Informatica platform
Extensive experience in installing and support on Linux and on MS Windows platform.
Extensive experience in upgrading, patching to keep the systems up-to date.
Extensive experience in utilizing MDM's API's (REST, SOAP, and EJB) and Elasticsearch.
Experience in installation of Informatic AVOS along with MDM.
Experience required in Oracle, Teradata databases
Experience on Linux,UCD,puppet and shell scripting is a plus.
Experience with the 10.2+ IDD Provisioning Tool to design Business Entity models and
create Business Entity views and transformations
Experience working in an Agile environment is a plus
Integration experience into and from MDM platform, both batch and real-time
Experience with Informatica MDM concepts including, but not limited to: match rule configuration and tuning, workflow, job configuration and scheduling, and custom rule development and configuration
Strong analytical skills to investigate issues and identify solutions
Experience in working with Database administrator to troubleshoot any problems
Experience in MDM specific system recovery in the event of system failures.
Experience in code deployment across the environments.
Weekend work hours , Overnight work hours (Holiday work hours) (Federal and religious) As needed – rotational 24 x 7 support required. This position can be remote but would need to travel to Hartford only as needed.
Operates standard office equipment and Sitting (can stand at will)
Licensing or Certificates
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
Valid Through: 2019-10-18