The Senior Developer - MDM is responsible for implementing, maintaining and issue resolution for master data management systems. This includes mentoring other developers and ensuring their functional and technical solutions conform to the defined business processes and standards.
GEODIS is one of the world’s largest leading Supply Chain Operators! At GEODIS, we create with you an infinite number of career opportunities. As a GEODIAN, you will work hands-on with products from hundreds of customers in different industries – retail, healthcare, technology and more - all within our warehouse distribution centers, located globally.
No matter what position you’re in, you will find yourself contributing to the development and success of your career and our customers.
The points below highlight the Sr MDM Developer duties:
- Sets technical direction for the overall MDM solution architecture, defines component architecture, reviews detailed designs for accuracy and overall compliance to defined architecture across the complete data lifecycle
- Resolves data quality problems through the appropriate choice of error detection and correction, process control and improvement, or process design strategies collaborating with subject matter experts.
- Works cross functionally with other areas (Sales Operations, Engineering, Marketing, BI, Accounting) to support internal customer needs as well as train them on impact they have on the area.
- Develops Data Governance policies and identify gaps in current data management processes and standards.
- Manages the ongoing quality and application of data supporting the organization, ensuring high quality data and appropriate use. Address inquiries from internal and external teams and investigate and resolve (as needed) data discrepancies.
- Defines and implement data strategy, policies, controls, and programs to ensure data is accurate, complete, secure, and reliable.
- Implements communication, audit and follow-up methods and processes that drive and measure adoption, ensure adherence, and identify improvement opportunities.
- Provides awareness training and key user support on master data related data structures.
- Education and Experience: Experience either in TIBCO or Oracle MDM suite is a MUST
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field from a 4-year college or university
- Minimum 6 years of functional experience exercising Master Data Management (MDM) methodology and techniques. Awareness of MDM trends, MDM Concepts and other technologies in the market.
- Experience either in TIBCO or Oracle MDM suite
- Minimum 4 years of experience working with relational and non-relational databases
- Strong understanding of data integration, source target mapping and business rules transformation in heterogeneous systems environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of 3rd party logistics, transportation systems, and/or warehouse management is preferred
- CMRP or MDM certification not required but recommended
- Essential Skills:
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and co-workers
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists