The Downstream Business Group of Nalco Champion is looking for a Global Senior Marketing Manager to lead, drive and support our refinery process growth strategy and maintain our #1 market share position in the industry. A mission critical growth role to lead, develop and execute on our new refinery digital CrudeFlex offering.
The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal skills coupled with a solid refining technical background. Importantly they must have strong marketing skills and executive presence to communicate and present at the refinery manager and/or VP of Operations level. They will have a vision, grasp and passion fordigital enabledtechnologyand developing new sellable services into refinery industry.
Job Overview: Senior level. Manages the marketing for numerous products, categories or programs with complexity in scope or size. Net sales are at least $75 million, or has independent responsibility for marketing plans for corporate accounts, where net sales are at least $200 million; may support a smaller division and serve in a broader role. Will manage team and drive overall team strategy. Actively works with teams to have broad understanding of market — competitive as well as customer insights — and transferring that knowledge into actionable strategies. Strong partnership with selling organization and connects marketing strategies to sales goals. Actively communicates and shares knowledge with global business counterparts. Acts as a champion of the Ecolab brand and delivery of the Ecolab Experience.
Location Information: This position will be located in Sugar Land, Texas.
- Owns global CrudeFlex growth strategy, product offering, and industry approvals for market release
Developer of the global value proposition and new innovative business models to release to market
- Develops market insights, segmentation and channel strategy for CrudeFlex
- Effectively manages and prioritizes CrudeFlex innovation pipeline project development and their completion within agreed timeframes to meet business deliverables
- Coordinates and/or conducts technical audits, trials and launch for CrudeFlex deployment presenting the findings / recommendations to the customer and senior corporate levels
- Develop and maintain key contacts within Nalco Champion, customer organizations, and throughout the industry to promote CrudeFlex deployment
- Industry conference lead for CrudeFlex promotion, to maintain and grow customer network
- Leads, develops and presents sales opportunity workshops, for CrudeFlex internal sales roll out
- Owns global CrudeFlex sales collateral development and works closely with MarCom on industry messaging and story telling
- The role is envisioned to be as a single contributor (no direct reports)
- B.S. or MSdegree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or related technical field required.
- Strong executive presence gravitas to communicate and present at the refinery manager and/or VP of Operations level
- Digital enabled technologyexperience and passion
- 8+ years’ experience in a technical role
- Proven track record in technical sales.
- Experience with developing new business & promoting new technology platforms globally
- Proficiency with common commercial software such as MS Office Suite
- Ability to travel up to 40%
- MBA with strong and/or professional marketing qualifications
- 8+ years’ industry experience in Downstream refining or petrochemical
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate and transfer technical knowledge to others
Job ID: 77152BR