Sr Marketing Manager, Customer Engagement + Loyalty, Emerging Business
T-Mobile is focused on continued growth and expansion both inside and outside the wireless industry. As part of our continued push to revolutionize wireless, we have a strategic interest to expand into revenue streams adjacent to T-Mobile’s core business. Financial Services is one of the most proximate opportunities. We will create a disruptive and strategically vital reinvention in the space through a combination of expanded access, market-leading mobile-first functionality, and unmatched value through leveraging our Un-Carrier brand equities
You must be truly customer-obsessed in order to design and deliver a customer experience and advocacy plan that addresses critical customer needs and drive lifetime value. You will be responsible for designing data-driven, life cycle frameworks and executing customer-facing programs to increase customer engagement and lead to lifelong fans and advocacy. You will create programs, analyze results, and structure scalable programs across multiple channels (mass marketing, digital, social, partner and outreach channels). You must be able to work at the strategic level (generating bold and innovative ideas for growth) and at the tactical level (implementation, campaign management, data analysis). This role is inherently cross-functional and highly visible, working closely with consumer marketing, marketing analytics, product management, design and finance teams to orchestrate programs that deliver on the customer needs and scale.
STUFF WE'LLTRUSTYOU WITH
More specifically, this role will assume the following responsibilities:
• Identify current (and future) product differentiators and help guide adoption of those into the product
• Loyalty is about conversation between T-Mobile and our customers. Build a two-way dialogue so that customers have a stake in helping guide future direction of the product
• Be the expert on product features customers love, features they seek and those that are not working as expected
• Work with cross-functional stakeholders and external partners to ensure seamless and timely delivery to the customer
• Requires extensive planning including analysis of customer insight and business performance, development of promotional offers and brand value proposition, operational feasibility and performance optimization in quarter.
• Keep abreast of loyalty market and competition; bring insights to team and use to inform strategy
• Communicate results and present insights to brand partners and Executive Leadership
• Manages in-quarter business performance including tracking of results, preparing contingencies and development iterations of the plan in a competitive environment.
• Experience using customer management tools (e.g., email automation, community platforms, customer insights)
You will be able to excel in a matrixed organization, rallying and guiding internal and external support for your products and vision. You will be innately customer focused, able to balance competing trade-offs between customer experience and development and operational complexity. Most importantly, you believe that customers deserve mobile-first innovation that upsets the status quo to deliver relevant, compelling Un-Carrier benefits.STUFFYOU TELLPEOPLEAT PARTIES
While the quality and accomplishments of a person’s career will be the determining factor, the finalist must have the following requisite qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree
• 7+ years working in a data-driven marketing environment building and implementing consumer engagement and lifecycle programs
• Experience leveraging consumer insights to inform communication strategies
• Experience designing complex, targeted A/B tests
• Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally
• Demonstrated ability to understand and leverage technical capabilities and platforms
• Sees ambiguity as an opportunity to create and innovate
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and comfortable interacting with all levels of organization
• A strong team player – comfortable and motivated working in a collaborative environment, with the ability to build relationships with key stakeholders
• Experience with positioning and messaging strategy
• Effectively influence both technical and non-technical audiences up to the senior executive level
• Partnering with internal teams and external agencies, to assist in development of category and product brand(s), product positioning, messaging and visual/brand identity.
CHARACTERISTICS: The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
• Highly entrepreneurial and collaborative
• Agile; thrives in a fast-paced, continually shifting environment
• Thinks big and has convictions
• Innately customer focused
• Detail oriented with relentlessly high standards
• Hands on. You roll up your sleeves and get things done
• A sense of humor (and humility)
EDUCATION: Minimum Required
• Bachelor’s Degree. MBA preferred.