The Jones & Bartlett Learning division of Ascend Learning is looking for a Senior Marketing Manager to drive the marketing strategy and strategic outlook for a diverse Allied Health product line targeted at college faculty and healthcare professionals.
In addition, this candidate will craft and implement go-to-market strategies for the Information Systems Security & Assurance Series (ISSA) and Computer Science list. The ideal candidate will work closely with Jones & Bartlett Learning’s editorial, marketing, and sales teams to develop and implement a strategic marketing plan to help drive sales, promote product awareness and gain market share. He/she is responsible for the development and execution of marketing strategies to help meet Jones & Bartlett Learning’s revenue and growth goals and will participate in strategic planning discussions and market planning sessions for the Allied Health and Computer Science product lines. The candidate will also possess exceptional writing skills and have hands-on experience with marketing automation, online events (Webinars), web analytics, search engine marketing, online display ads, pay-per-click advertising, writing for the web, affiliate programs, and social media marketing (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, blogging, etc.).
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop/maintain an expert knowledge of the Allied Health and Computer Science suites of products, understanding the competitive landscape from both a competitor and product perspective
- Become a strategic though-leader within the organization and communicate our brand messaging across platforms
- Work cross-functionally to create annual marketing plan, implement and manage all marketing activities including: eMarketing campaigns, digital and print collateral, online events (webinars), copy writing, social media marketing, conference prep, competitive analyses as well as customer insights and market research
- Conduct market research to fully understand market trends and assess market opportunities
- Maintain, forecast and track monthly marketing budgets.
- Develop and implement regional and national conferences and event strategies.
- Develop and deliver training materials to educate sales teams on new print and digital product offerings
Required Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years marketing experience based in higher education, publishing or technology companies
- Exhibit leadership qualities within a team
- Superior written and oral communication skills including demonstrated ability to research and write keyword-rich copy, promotional copy, and sales presentations
- Demonstrate the ability to motivate and support a direct sales force focused on “solutions-based selling”
- Exhibit the ability to work independently and multi-task in a face-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably within Marketing or Communications