ABOUT UDEMYWith a mission to improve lives through learning, Udemy is a global marketplace for learning and teaching online. More than 20 million students learn from an extensive library of over 65,000 courses taught by expert instructors. Whether learning for professional development or personal enrichment, students can master new skills through self-paced, on-demand courses, while instructors have a way to share their knowledge with the world. For companies, Udemy for Business offers subscription access to a collection of business-relevant courses as well as a simple platform to host and distribute their own content in one central place.
We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious commitment to delivering the best possible learning and teaching experiences. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Sao Paulo, Brazil, and Ankara, Turkey. Compensation includes full-time salary, equity compensation plan, and competitive benefits including healthcare, commuter benefits, parental leave, and a discretionary time off policy.
What you’ll doAs the Manager, Sr. Copywriter, you’ll be responsible for contributing tactically and strategically to the long-term vision of the brand voice, bringing our brand to life with words that speak to and delight our students and instructors and inspire action. You’ll manage a small team of creative copywriters and collaborate with Marketing, Product, and Brand to give voice and guide the narrative in all consumer-facing channels as well as supporting other business initiatives as needed.
Your day-to-day may include any of the following:
- Work with our team to thoughtfully deploy the brand in all your work and help maintain consistent standards for copy
- Manage the work of other copywriters in achieving creative objectives; providing mentorship while developing skill and career
- Work with the Student and Instructor Marketing teams to understand our offerings and develop original, best-practice copy to support product launches, marketingcampaigns, and lifecycle programs
- Synthesize and deliver on creative briefs, taking complex information and concepts, and distilling them into compelling, strategically sound experiences across media types (video, digitalmarketing programs, emails, landing pages, etc.)
- Develop and maintain harmonious partnerships with Sr Art Director and broader team members for concepting and executing creative projects
- Provide proofreading and editorial guidance to content partners and freelancers to ensure consistency with our brand voice, style and tone
- Strategize our instructor content and how to share our powerful stories with the world
- Work with our Product Marketing team to plan and develop new communications
- Participate and lead idea-generating sessions
- Rally around and articulate ideas effectively to key stakeholders at all levels
What you’ll need:
- 7+ years experience writing communications for B2C brands
- Previous experience in a senior copy role and with team management
- Familiar with best practices
- A finger on the pulse of what’s happening with the web, social media, and industry trends
- A keen eye for detail, whether you are developing and maintaining a clear and consistent brand voice, being strategic, or lending your “way with words” for ancillary needs
- Excellent speaking, writing, and presentation skills — you’re a confident and outstanding communicator, people person, and collaborative team player
- Masterful editing and proofreading skills
- An ability to take constructive feedback and use it to improve your work
- Versatile. Ability to focus intensely on a single task, but shift gears to multiple projects and work efficiently under pressure
- Establish a high-output workflow that is deadline-driven, with meticulous handoffs and strong attention to detail
- Ability to craft everything from impactful headlines and body copy that drives response in digitalcampaigns to short and long-form editorial copy that enhances engagement