Zoro offers millions and millions of products - an endless aisle with everything you need to run your business. We offer fast and free shipping, no-hassle returns, and exceptional customer service. We've grown quickly in a short time and are continuing to do so while aggressively growing our revenue. We are excited to be a part of an award-winning culture - we have been named a Great Place to Work for multiple years in a row, among other local and national accolades. We think Zoro is a pretty amazing place to work and grow, and think you will too!
The Sr Marketing Analyst will be responsible for generating insights from the customer database to inform the company's customer strategy and business decisions across the organization with the goal of increasing revenues per customer. This individual will design targeting and segmentation strategies of the consumer base which will enable the business to deliver messages that are prioritized, personalized, and simultaneously beneficial to the customer and Zoro. This position will be responsible for evolving these strategies to keep up with ever changing business and customer needs; improve effectiveness and efficiency; and drive bottom up data driven recommendations to deliver revenue growth from our consumer base.
The successful candidate is passionate about eCommerce business, learning about all aspects of the Zoro business and collaborates well with others. Our aggressive growth goals mean that your day-to-day responsibilities and projects can vary greatly-which means all the more opportunity for you to make an impact!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- 5+ years of experience using analytics to solve business problems
- Translate SEM insights into data-led decision making. Understand the complexities of paid search digital marketing landscape with the ability to focus on the most impactful ad space to maximize returns on spend.
- Responsible for managing advanced analytical marketing projects and collaborating with internal business partners to support strategy development and tactic planning
- Leading the end to end analytical process: receive and evaluate business partners' requests, develop analytical plan and methodology, confirm analytical plans with business partners, implement data analyses, and provide recommendations.
- Provide analytic supports for key business activities (strategic initiatives, campaigns design, customer segmentation strategy, channel bidding strategy, price sensitivity & demand elasticity, merchandising optimization etc.) including data mining, analysis, and presentations
- Lead monthly review meetings to share insights/learning from the business data, and also provide updates on key analytical projects
- Build predictive and inference models using R, Python, SAS to support business initiatives in the areas of customer acquisition, activation, engagement, and retention or channel investment optimization
- 5+ years' progressive business experiences in marketing analytics, database marketing, data mining, and statistical modeling. Experiences of advanced data analysis in Internet or a top-tier consumer-focused company (in technology, consumer goods or retail domain) are required
- Knowledge of SEM ad space (Text, PLA, Display, Video) with experience understanding goals and KPI to optimize performance in a world of increasing data privacy and regulations
- Experienced in leading advanced analytics projects and designing analytics R&D projects
- Have prior experiences in assisting business decision making through data mining and machine learning
- Strong communication skills in order to collaborate effectively with business stakeholders. Must be able to interact cross-functionally and drive both business and technical discussions
- Master's degree in quantitative fields such as Statistics, Engineering, Operational Research, and Economics. MBA a plus
- Capable of thinking through complex business problems and solve them by analyzing on large amounts of data Familiarity with R or SAS for statistical modeling, clustering, classification, machine learning, and data mining
- Demonstrated proficiency in SQL/relational databases and BI tools (Looker, Tableau, Business Objects, Microstrategy, Google Data Studio)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Excel spreadsheet modeling and PPT presentation creation
- Knowledge of web tracking technology (Google Analytics, BigQuery, etc.) a definite plus