The Senior Marketer, Paid Search is responsible for managing the day-to-day execution ofpay-per-click advertising on major U.S. search engines (Google, Yahoo, Bing) for Thomson Reuters. The Senior Paid Search Marketer will collaborate with internal business partners toalign paid search campaign objectives with the business strategy. The focus of this role will be to optimize and manage paid search campaigns, resulting in more efficient campaigns, higher quality traffic, and more conversions (online revenue and leads) for Thomson Reuters enterprise.
- Develop the paid search strategy to get prospects to Thomson Reuters domains, resulting in qualified leads and closed sales. Identify paid search opportunities that align with the priority go-to market strategies in partnership with Thomson Reuters business units
- Execute the paid search strategy with an external agency. Track and meet paid searchcampaign objectives and budget targets for Thomson Reuters business units
- Communicate with key stakeholders KPIs and budgets are being meet bi weekly and monthly
- Manage the day-to-day execution of paid search, including PPC ads on Google and Bing; Google Shopping; Google Display Network (remarketing and display). Partnering withan agency - activities include but are not limited to: setting bid rules, keyword traffic review, ad copy, landing page KPI review, reporting, etc.
- Create and manage Paid Search Calendar
- Complete ad hoc reporting as needed
- Analyze paid search performance data to gain insights, and find opportunities for improvement, reporting findings to key stakeholders
- Identify poor landing page performance and make recommendations for testing
- Partner with analytics team to ensure campaigns are being tracked successfully in various platforms
- Be key point of contact for all paid search activity with agency. Handling not only day to day decisions but strategic guidance
- Understanding of industry trends, Paid Search tracking, and tools across the enterprise
Education & Experience
- 5+ Years of Experience in SEM/Paid Search
- Managing complex yearly budgets of $3million plus
- Industry Certifications
- Preferred - B2B software/services corporate or an agency environment supporting clients in B2B Paid Search activity
- Undergraduate degree in business, marketing or related field
Knowledge & Skills
- Sound understanding of a proper martech solutions (campaign planning, CRM, web CMS, marketing automation platform, analytics, etc.)
- Strong understanding of analytics and reporting tools (Adobe Analytics, SFDC, GA).
- Ability to raise questions and connect the dots with execution needs
- Experience with analytics platforms
- Analytical skills with proven ability to analyze data from multiple sources
- Ability to problem solve
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Have a hunger to learn, grow and rise to the occasion. Good understanding of digital marketing tactics and core KPIs
- Project management skills, able to successfully manage complex tasks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate complex information
- Proven ability to take initiative and work independently
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we workflexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. Toensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around theworld regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud tobe an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.