The Sr Marketing Research Analyst develops insight by conducting market research and analyzing data to help product planning develop more competitive vehicles and to help the marketing departments craft more effective messaging to consumers.
- Conduct research to develop Honda and Acura products and brand campaigns.
- Collaborate with product planning to understand consumer needs, translate into product direction.
- Manage syndicated and secondary data sources for efficiency and insight.
- A BA/BS degree or equivalent work related experience
- Advanced degree with an emphasis in Marketing, Business, or Psychology is a plus
- 8-10 years of experience in market research, strategic planning, product development, consumer insights, brand management, or marketing
- Deep understanding of automotive market dynamics and how social, political, and environmental trends impact Honda's business planning
- Proficiency in all MS Office applications (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge and experience with a variety of research methodologies and ability to select, design and implement
- Knowledge of a variety of advanced analytic techniques and ability to select and oversee implementation
- Knowledge and experience with designing analytic plans; analyzing and synthesizing information from multiple sources; developing insight; identifying implications for the business; and presenting in a concise story
- Have facility for thinking strategically, using both abstract reasoning and critical thinking
- Strong business sense and ability to inform critical business strategies and innovations
- Strong project and vendor management skills
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.