We exist to help people achieve financial clarity. At Thrivent, we believe money is a tool, not a goal. Driven by a higher purpose at our core, we are committed to providing financial advice, investments, insurance, banking and generosity programs to help people make the most of all they’ve been given.
At our heart, we are a membership-owned fraternal organization, as well as a holistic financial services organization, dedicated to serving the unique needs of our clients. We focus on their goals and priorities, guiding them toward financial choices that will help them live the life they want today—and tomorrow.
Manages the processes surrounding more complex and higher cost investment market data services and systems, vendor relationships, and vendor subscription information on behalf of Thrivent’s Investments division. Serves as the go-to person for initiation of new market data subscriptions and contracts, renewals, and terminations. Interfaces with internal business leaders and over 150 vendor representatives covering a broad array of market research, analytics platforms, and ratings/industry/sector data across equity and fixed income asset classes.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Manages the end-to-end process of adding, changing, or terminating contracts for highly complex market data systems and services. Negotiates complex and costly contracts in partnership with corporate procurement and in-house Market Data and Platform Consultant or system analysts who specialize in asset classes or aspects of the asset management back-office. These contracts often involve multiple data providers disseminating data via multiple platforms as well as funding via third parties.
- Designs and maintains the process for reconciling and payment of invoices for market data services across the soft dollar and hard dollar budgets. Responsible for ensuring that the budget forecasts are accurate.
- Designs and oversees the inventory of market data platforms, carriers, and services, including contract terms and conditions in a specialized financial inventory tracking system called (FITS).
- Designs, develops, and delivers reports covering inventory, cost allocation, and system/service usage to senior Investments leaders and consults with the leaders to identify cost reduction opportunities.
- Leads market data process improvement efforts and champions cost reduction opportunities.
- Designs and maintains data usage certification processes.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in business, finance, technology or related field. MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- Five years of experience working with a procurement department.
- Experience with Investment systems, e.g. Bloomberg, FactSet, Thomson, or strong interest in markets.
- Previous experience with FITS or other market data inventory tracking system preferred.
- Proven experience of collaborating with others in a fast-changing high performing environment.
- Five years of experience reading and comprehending contracts is required, negotiating contracts.
- Procurement certification, education or training desired.
Other Critical Factors
- Able to withstand and even flourish in a role that often finds itself at a point of healthy tension between its purpose and the agendas of others.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication with the ability to work effective with all areas and levels of the organization, with strong team and collaboration skills. Demonstrated coaching skill and customer service.
- Ability to represent the department at a broader level.
Thrivent provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.