We live in a mobile driven world where technology is constantly improving. Semiconductor manufacturers need a partner as they pioneer and drive the most advanced integrated circuits (ICs) ever made. FormFactor is the world's leading supplier of probe cards used to test the ICs that power the majority of smart phones and tablets on the planet, as well as electronic systems used in computing, consumer, automotive and other applications. We are a big company with a small time feel. Working at FormFactor gives you the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology, have a direct influence on next generation products hitting the market and drive the overall growth and development of the semiconductor industry.
We are a fast-paced, growing company where each employee contributes to our culture of integrity, innovation, and teamwork. We are looking for enthusiastic, talented individuals who can thrive in a changing and challenging environment.
The Test and Assembly Supervisor is responsible for the overall success of the Probes Test and Assembly operations to include safety, delivery, quality and throughput. This is a critical role that oversees two night shifts in a 24/7 working environment. The Supervisor has the principal responsibility for prioritizing and coordinating all manufacturing WIP management. Success in this position depends heavily on leadership, communication, and teamwork. This role will work with engineering teams to resolve production roadblocks, implement new processes, and drive continuous improvement projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure employees have a safe work environment and all best practices and safety rules are being followed. Collaborate with HSSE in the implementation and maintenance of safety programs.
- Drives new business practices to improve operational effectiveness working with cross-functional business partners
- Manage the performance and development of technicians through training, informal feedback and individual performance appraisals.
- Manage the day to day activities of Assembly and Test floor.
- Act as a role model for manufacturing staff through adhering to Formfactor's three manufacturing pillars: Quality, Safety and Continuous Improvement.
- Serve as an advocate for manufacturing employee issues and represent manufacturing interests in staff level forums.
- Create staffing and production plans to meet manufacturing business plans.
- Direct the efforts of approximately 20 night shift technicians in a 24/7 environment.
- Interview, hire, and develop staff.
- Identifies, recommends and implements changes to improve productivity and reduce cost and scrap, monitor scrap and rework data. Directs the establishment, implementation and maintenance of production standards.
- Plan, schedule and coordinate production planning processes utilizing expertise in Materials Resource Planning (MRP).
- Set production priorities to support customer delivery commitments.
- Oversee availability of WIPs and finished products in the manufacturing facility.
- Provide appropriate coaching and resources to employees to assure business goals are met.
- Assist in running production as necessary to meet fluctuating customer demand
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, manufacturing, or related field. Equivalent experience will be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in electronics manufacturing environment required
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a management or leadership role with direct reports preferred
- Minimum of 3 years' experience with SQL and/or Access databases preferred. Able to pull, manipulate and analyze data for metrics reporting.
- Experience with metrics and tracking on-time delivery and performance analysis
- Strong knowledge of ERP and MRP systems. Experience with QAD preferred.
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft Office application is required.
- Outstanding ability to communicate across all levels of the organization and with external customers and suppliers when needed.
- Excellent interpersonal and organization skills. Demonstrates superior written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a cleanroom environment.
- Must be flexible to support a 24/7 operation and work extended hours based on company needs and be available for after-hours emergency calls.
- Weekend and holiday work may be required.