NXP Semiconductors enables secure connections and infrastructure for a smarter world, advancing solutions that make lives easier, better and safer. As the world leader in secure connectivity solutions for embedded applications, we are driving innovation in the secure connected vehicle, end-to-end security & privacy and smart connected solutions markets.
Candidate should have 5 or more years’ experience in manufacturing/quality roles in the semiconductor industry, plus a Bachelors’ degree in engineering. An advanced degree in engineering is highly desired.
Knowledge of quality improvement methods including FMEA, 8D/3x5 why as well as leading (automotive) quality systems (ISO9001, IATF16949) is required.
Demonstrated skill in handling of customer complaints, from failure analysis to execution of root cause corrective action and implementation of best practices is a must.
Candidate must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and be experienced with Microsoft Office and statistical data analysis tools such as JMP or Stata.
Six-sigma Green/Black Belt training highly desired, as is a working knowledge of Tableau and SQL.
NXP is seeking an experienced quality engineering candidate to support the front-end internal manufacturing quality organization. This position is located at our Chandler, AZ facility. The scope of the Chandler manufacturing quality team covers the CHD wafer fab, the CHD RF Echo wafer fab and the CHD probe operation. The engineer will work with process development, manufacturing and product engineering. Job duties include evaluating and classifying customer return data, assessing corrective actions for effectiveness, and supporting implementation of new or improved processes or systems to enhance quality performance of our factory. The ideal candidate will possess: (1) strong problem-solving skills with passion for driving to true root cause; (2) the strategic, analytic, and interpersonal skills to act as an effective change agent; (3) the communication skills to effectively influence global teams and manage conflict in ways that build relationships and trust with internal business partners, suppliers and customers.
- Work collaboratively with process and product engineers to enhance the quality and reliability performance of NXP products.
- Utilize data analytics to help identify customer return common causes and evaluate the effectiveness of corrective actions across a wide range of products and technologies.
- Serve as a focal point in the organization for structured problem solving and as a liaison between the manufacturing and product organizations.
- Establish, monitor and develop improvement plans for quality key performance indicators.
- Manage the change management process.
- Prepare and host quality system and technical audits from customers and certifying institutes.