We are currently recruiting for a highly talented Sr. Manufacturing Manager-- but we are looking for more than an impressive skill set. We are looking for the type of person who respects others for their knowledge, skills, and experience as individuals and as team members. If you are the type of person who has high integrity and would thrive in an inclusive environment of camaraderie and friendship with your fellow teammates, we’re pretty confident you’ll love it here!
Reporting to the Executive Director of Manufacturing this position will be responsible for leading all manufacturing operations functions. They will drive a culture of employee engagement and operational excellence. The role includes managing multiple programs and teams, developing team members, performing analysis and developing solutions, managing Improvement projects, and measuring/driving results. Initiatives will improve current process efficiency, material flow, labor productivity, quality, safety, and space utilization.
As part of this role, the Senior Manager, Manufacturing will be responsible for implementing all company policies/procedures, employee safety, and customer-centric practices while ensuring company values and competencies are practiced throughout the facilities at all levels. This individual will possess the ability to succeed by effectively directing, leading, and coaching direct and indirect reports creating a positive working environment while maximizing profitability.
The Sr Manager will coordinate production activity in a manner that results in the production of quality product in a safe and cost-effective manner. Work with scheduling to ensure that an effective production plan is developed and executed consistent with plant procedures, customer service requirements, and plant objectives. The primary duties of an Operations Manager include:
As the Senior Manufacturing Manager the successful candidate will be responsible for managing all aspects of operations, including safety, product quality, OTD, cost-efficiency, and overall operational excellence.
- Responsible for achieving operating performance targets and improvements including cost reductions, reduced cycle times, and reduced lead times.
- Lead production startup processes for new product introduction utilizing manufacturing engineering resources. Drive lower product costs by reducing set up times, improving processes, and reducing cycle times.
- Provides overall direction and guidance to the operations team with the objective of streamlining and optimizing operations to impact business performance
- Partner with business leaders to develop, standardize, and drive operating for visibility of key performance indicators, accountability, and action planning to continually improve operational performance
- Identifies issues involving inefficiencies, non-value-added activities and quality concerns. Identifies root causes and recommends and/or implements corrective action.
- Maintains safety standards for all assigned areas by ensuring safety requirements are met and policies are adhered to
- Ensures daily area production requirements are met while maintaining high standards of quality.
- Ensure all resources are effectively utilized to maximize all value-added activities.
- Prepares and monitors departmental budgets and capital requirements, ensures performance within the established parameters
- Driving continual improvement of manufacturing processes.
- Manning- Aligning employee headcount to customer demands.
- Oversee facility organization through 5S
- Improve material flow through the manufacturing process by establishing requirements for WIP, finished goods and replenishment strategies.
- Accountable for providing accurate shipment forecasts and for operating within approved budget boundaries.
- Use Lean/6 Sigma tools to drive continuous process improvements in productivity, quality, on-time delivery, cost savings and inventory reduction.
- Mentor and coach associates in a manner which meets the future needs of the business and our employees. Identifies improvement opportunities of personnel and provides direction regarding improvement or developmental opportunities.
- Manages process improvements utilizing PPI, 5S, Lean, and Six Sigma methodologies.
- Manage and promote work team(s) that react proactively to factory inefficiencies. Steer problem-solving and root cause identification of problems for the entire value stream.
- Continuously identify and work to reduce waste in the area for both short term and long-term improvement initiatives. Promote kaizen events within department. Ensure related countermeasures are implemented on manufacturing lines.
- Drives thorough investigation(s) into and process failures, product failures, and safety incidents, and identifies and implements appropriate corrective and preventive actions.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university and 10-15 years related experience in progressive management roles in a manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Cellular manufacturing, process improvement, and new product introduction
- A strong commitment to safety, quality, and on-time delivery
- Strong leadership skills, ability to lead and direct employees
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Effective presentation/facilitation skills
- Effective problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated accomplishments showing results-oriented methodology, analytical methods, schedule achievement, team work
Preferred skills / experience:
- Medical/Defense device manufacturing experience
- Lean Tools experience (Kanban, Flow lines, Heijunka, 5S)
- Lean Manufacturing implementation experience