Job DescriptionJob Summary:
Benjamin Moore has an opening for aSenior Manufacturing Manager to lead operations at our manufacturing plant in Mesquite, TX. The Sr. Manufacturing Manager is responsible for directing and managing the daily operations of the manufacturing site, reporting to the Director of Manufacturing. The Sr. Manufacturing Manager will work closely with direct reports and colleagues to promote a safe workplace, drive consistent quality, coordinate manufacturing purchasing, production and distribution operations and drive the continuous improvement process leading to operational excellence.
Success in the role requires the leader to practice:
- Trust Building: Building a team environment where the employees feel safe and are able to do their best work. Leaders need to be authentic, honest, transparent, and compassionate.
- Adaptability: The ability to be flexible and adaptable in response to changing situations and demands.
- Problem Solving: The ability to identify and analyze problems and produce effective solutions.
- Creativity: The ability to think outside the box and come up with innovative solutions to problems.
- Coaching abilities: The skill for drawing out the best in others. Knowing how to ask the right questions (instead of giving answers), listening well, empowering others, and guiding action plans.
- Teamwork: The ability to work collaboratively with others towards a common goal, taking into account different perspectives and strengths.
- Leadership: The ability to inspire and motivate others towards a shared vision or goal.
- Empathy: Genuinely caring for others and being able to understand another person's situation and perspective.
- Cultural competence: The ability to understand and appreciate diverse cultures, perspectives, and ways of thinking.
- Management of all aspects of the manufacturing site operations including staffing, procurement, maintenance, production planning, batchmaking, packaging, quality control, and shipping/receiving.
- Communicate clear expectations to all direct reports across departments in meeting overall company objectives.
- Leadership is expected to be governed by developing and fostering a culture of transparency, collaboration, trust and respect as daily deliverables are executed
- Implement and enforce all environmental, health, safety and security programs to ensure compliance and effectiveness.
- Ensure the highest standards for product quality and drive the quality system within the paint, colorant, and warehouse operations.
- Ensure that policies and procedures are effectively implemented to continually optimize the plants performance in achieving key metrics.
- Is responsible for maintaining proper staffing levels by ensuring recruitment efforts are executed in a timely fashion.
- Leads site team typically consisting of 5-7 direct reports and 50-75 indirect reports.
- Ensure that cost is controlled and tracking mechanisms are in place and reviewed for continuous improvement.
- Work with Director of Manufacturing to develop short term and long-term capital plans for the site and ensure successful execution of those plans.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree (Mechanical / Chemical or Industrial Engineering) with 10+ years of experience and strong technical background. Advanced degree is preferred.
- Consumer Packaged Goods industry experience is strongly preferred. Experience in a high speed, high volume manufacturing and packaging environment is required.
- Previous production or plant manager experience is essential.
- The ability to work in a matrixed organization is essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with employees at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to handle employee relation issues and facilitate conflict resolution. Establish strong working partnership with HR.
Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's third most admired company. And for nearly 140 years, we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day.
Benjamin Moore recognizes that our associates are the driving force behind our success, and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged. We are committed to retaining, developing and attracting a diverse workforce that promotes an inclusive environment in which all employees are treated with dignity and respect.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retailer network.Benefits
Benjamin Moore offers a wide range of benefits to employees. Some are subsidized by the company and others are fully employee-paid. Health benefits include a choice of comprehensive medical plans, a dental plan, vision plan, wellness program and critical illness insurance. Benjamin Moore sponsors a 401(k) plan which includes a sizeable company match. Benjamin Moore offers paid vacation and provides paid sick and parental leave for eligible employees.
Additionally, Benjamin Moore provides basic life Insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage, an employee assistance program, and business travel accident coverage. Supplemental life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment insurance are available as well. The company also offers a variety of tax saving accounts, health spending account, traditional flexible spending account, and a dependent care spending account. Benjamin Moore also offers a tuition reimbursement program for undergraduate and certain graduate programs.