PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Ensure that all manufacturing related aspects of the company products are addressed throughout the product development cycle. The position will work closely with engineering, quality, and manufacturing operations to support the manufacturing of current and next generation products and improve manufacturing processes.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
- Develops and maintains the documentation necessary to ensure the consistent manufacture of products (processes, drawings, and shop floor paperwork).
- Provides engineering support for troubleshooting efforts for any process issues in designated area. Summarizes and draws conclusions from test results leading to effective technical resolution of process problems.
- Ensures design for manufacturing elements are incorporated into new product development activities.
- Identifies, justifies, and implements multiple significant data driven projects to reduce manufacturing costs, improve processes, increase product reliability, and enhance process capability.
- Designs and evaluates new and existing fixtures and equipment, test methods, specifications, layouts, and standards.
- Identifies and recommends manufacturing technologies to strategically develop business objectives and potential opportunities.
- Collaborates with manufacturing staff and management in other disciplines to develop, evaluate, and improve manufacturing methods.
- Conducts in-depth research to develop and introduce improved manufacturing methods. Analyzes assembly processes to ensure quality results are achieved and sustained. Analyzes data to determine return on investment.
- Works with production personnel, suppliers and contract manufacturers to establish or revise work instructions and production procedures.
- Ensures quality outcomes in device manufacturing areas by working with suppliers, quality systems, procurement and sustaining engineering.
- Performs hazard analysis on new equipment and systems to insure safe working conditions.
- Establishes validation protocols related to assembly and test processes.
- May escalate issues to supervisor/manager for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Mentor other staff as applicable.
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by a direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds with assistance.
- Travel may requirement up to 10%.
- Bachelor’s Degreerequired; Advanced Degree desirable
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 5 – 8years’ related experience; or a Master’s degree with 3 years’ experience; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent directly related work experience.
- Related experience in medical device preferred.
- Test protocol generation, execution, and reporting.
- Knowledge of current statistical and analytical methods.
- Knowledge of manufacturing documentation.
Job ID 18000DAR