Responsible for carrying out design and development assignments connected with manufacturing equipment and processes including: tools, jigs, and special equipment to achieve desired production rates and quality standards.
- Provides the Plant Manager recommendations of alternate process and method approaches for manufacturing equipment.
- Utilizes the Parker Lean system to drive permanent improvement.
- Investigates and analyzes the cost and reliability of using various equipment and processes.
- Studies performance and problems in existing tools, equipment and methods and recommends improvements through redesign or modification.
- Estimates costs of assigned projects together with a satisfactory delivery schedule.
- Implements team-oriented projects with structured accountability.
- Assumes responsibility for the introduction of new equipment, under jurisdiction and form, making sure that manufacturing personnel are adequately trained. Makes layouts and detail drawings of equipment assigned.
- Cooperates with other departments to develop most practical specifications for materials, processes and equipment.
- Keeps abreast of all new development in equipment and/or processes that could be adapted to improve manufacturing processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned or as dictated by responsibility.
- BSME/BSEE or MS manufacturing systems.
- 5 years minimum experience in implementing automation equipment.
- Manufacturing experience.
- Machine tool proficiency.
- Strong Lean background.
- Good communications skills.