Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
With global product demand and mission criteria moving toward integrated commercial partnerships, lower costs and higher performance hardware and software requirements, Broad Reach is positioned for growth in the new era of aerospace development. Our team of seasoned architects and engineers is dedicated to partnership with our customers for continued growth and success.
This position reports to the Manufacturing Manager. Alternately, it may take technical direction from the Operations Section Head.
· The background required to perform this position would include a B.S. Degree in Engineering and a minimum of 5 years manufacturing engineeringexperience preferably with at least 2 as a Moog Manufacturing Engineer.
· Additional seasoned experience in manufacturing engineering that would be equivalent to what is learned in a degreed program would be an acceptable alternative to the B. S. Degree requirement.
· Knowledge of NASA-STD-8739, J-STD-001 and/or IPC610 process is a plus
· Support the fabrication of the most complex electronic assemblies and subassemblies by providing timely and accurate SMT machine programs and operation sheets.
· Assure compatibility of engineering drawings and specifications with manufacturing and fabrication capabilities by reviewing drawings and making suggestions for changes and revisions to enhance producibility.
· Coordinate with various departments and team members to assure the most effective design and use of manufacturing facilities and processes.
· Develop optimal solder profile processes that meet workmanship standards.
· Originate and conduct studies directed towards more efficient manufacturing of parts. Includes recommendations for changes in equipment, processes, methods, materials and designs.
· Establish and/or design tooling, solder stencil and fixtures. Review and approve tool, gaging and fixture design drawings.
· Program and modify SMT Line programs and solder profiles necessary to produce optimal process results.
· Develop and procure solder stencils for the SMT Line.
· Technically direct, guide or train Senior Electronic Technicians.