Our client is a cable and antenna manufacturing leader, providing top-quality wireless infrastructure for indoor and outdoor applications. They are hiring a Sr. Manufacturing Engineer to design product components and spearhead improvements within their fiber optic product line.
The Sr. Manufacturing Engineer will design, develop, and test fiber optics technology for commercial-grade fabrication. In addition to equipment design, they will have authority to drive improvements within plant manufacturing operations.
This Role Offers:
- Large pool of funding and resources backed by a multibillion-dollar Fortune 500 company.
- ISO 9001 certification for their Quality Management Systems worldwide.
- Global network of world-class manufacturing and research plants.
- High visibility, with direct access to directors and senior management.
- Engineer-centric environment; heavy emphasis on product quality and realistic timelines.
- Chance to build professional skillset as part of a team on the forefront of fiber optics technology, including 5G, connected buildings, smart cities, IoT integration, and world-class enterprise development.
- Excellent reputation in the telecom infrastructure industry, with exponential customer demand growth in high-density, high-traffic urban areas.
- Team of capable, experienced, and seasoned professionals at the top of their industry.
- Strong company commitment to safety and exceptional quality standards.
- Design and develop optical fiber transmission lines and other related telecom cable and antenna equipment for a range of high-profile applications, including smart buildings. 5G-enabled networks, IoT/M2M metering, smart grids, connected buildings, and new cabling techniques.
- Plan new products. Create designs, validate, implement, and troubleshoot fixtures. Author work orders and testing plans.
- Work closely with the manufacturing and assembly process. Identify and resolve workflow inefficiencies and obstacles.
- Coordinate QC, including troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, and adherence to quality control standards.
- Assist project managers in developing timelines, schedules, test plans, and budgets. Purchase equipment and collaborate on capex planning.
- 4+ years of experience in industrial/manufacturing engineering, ideally for wire, cable, and telecom applications.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related technical field.
- Knowledge of fiber optics equipment and technology, including transmission lines and terminations.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD or SolidWorks. Familiarity with SAP is a plus.
- Exposure to 5G technology is a plus.
- Commitment to safety and precision in manufacturing.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to develop creative solutions to manufacturing problems.
- Able to interpret problems and present clear, actionable solutions to people across a range of departments.