Ensuring CAIRE's Success…
CAIRE Inc., located approximately 25 miles north of Atlanta Georgia, is currently seeking a Sr. Manufacturing Engineer. As a Sr. Manfucturing Engineer you will provide technical resources to define, support and improve
established processes and procedures to increase plant efficiencies and to achieve safety, quality and production goals.
What Your Day-to-Day Activities Will Be…
- Plan, organize and implement systems and procedures for aiding manufacturing while adheringto and promoting safety and quality guidelines.
- Troubleshoot production assembly and component issues; both mechanical and electronic components.
- Personally conduct and/or supervise studies to determine cause, effect and the correctivemeasures required to remedy deviations impairing desirable standards of quality.
- Design, develop, and/or maintain new and existing fixture and jig solutions to support dailyproduction, that promote error proofing, ergonomics, and safety.
- Monitor production processes and then work with Production personnel to create standardwork procedures, enhance flow, and implement Lean concepts throughout the plant including5S, Visual Work, Kanban, etc.
- Identify product assembly issues and work with production, engineering and maintenance toresolve issues and to improve product consistency and eliminate variance.
- Work closely with team members to identify and eliminate waste activities.
- Team with the Design Engineering group to ensure that all aspects of new product introductionand changes to existing products are properly communicated to production personnel.
- Communicate the ECR/ TDD changes to production.
- Interface with various departments in coordinating technical information relating to specificprojects.
- Interface with various departments in defining and providing solutions to detectedmanufacturing processes causing quality problems.
- Understanding of MIG/TIG/Laser/Plasma welding practices.
- Capable of making recommendations on Capital equipment improvements.
- Project Management of Capital equipment projects.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Observe and practice safety procedures and policies.
Your Professional Experience Should Be…
- Must possess a working knowledge of computers, including MS Word, MS Office, Excel, AutoCAD orSolid Works.
- Understanding of factory metrics, Lean (Operational Excellence) and Six Sigma.
- Must have a working knowledge of electromechanical components such as PCBs, solenoid valves, and compressors as well as be able to troubleshoot assemblies of electromechanical systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of company safety procedures and policies.
- Awareness and understanding of Company quality standards, capital equipment, procurement, FMEA, APQP.
- ISO 9001 knowledge and experiencepreferred.
- Must be a team player as one will be working closely with the shop floor and management inproblem solving and product improvement projects.
Your Education Should Be…
- BS degree in Engineering- Manufacturing, Mechanical, or Industrial plus 5 or more years’ experience or 10 plus years in related field
Your Physical Work Environment Will Require…
- This position will require the ability to move around the production floor to investigate issues with production processes and equipment.
- Lift up to 15 pounds
- Sitting, standing, stooping, bending, other related tasks in an office setting.
CAIRE Inc is anequal employment opportunity employer.