Provides electro-mechanical manufacturing engineering expertise to the Brooks Automation Manufacturing Engineering team through enhancing the design and implementation of the Semiconductor equipment/Atmospheric System Manufacturing Operation. This role includes three major areas of responsibility supporting:
New Product Introduction Engineering: Function as Manufacturing Core Team Member driving DFx (design for manufacturability and assembly) and new assembly process design and development throughout the New Product Introduction (NPI) life cycle from concept, development, pilot, launch (locally and overseas) and volume scale-up ensuring safe, effective, robust, and reliable manufacturing processes.
Sustaining Manufacturing Engineering: Responsible for providing daily sustaining manufacturing engineering expertise and support ensuring safety, quality, delivery, and cost goals are met.
Continuous Improvement: Responsible for identifying and driving continuous improvement programs using LEAN manufacturing principles and Six Sigma methodologies. Drive optimization of assembly processes and associated supply chain related processes. Provides support and/or lead capacity expansion projects, as well as projects to improve product and process robustness.
- Develop, review, and maintain robust and reliable manufacturing processes, production flow, assembly methods, and production equipment.
- Design, develop, and test various tools, fixtures, machinery, and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods. Includes cost benefit and make vs buy analysis.
- Understanding ECO processes for manufacturing documentation released
- Lead or support new product transfer locally or overseas when product is mature
- In depth understanding of the complex system BOM structuring and system configuration
- Develop and document quality system for new programs (control plan, PFMEA, process flow, work instructions, and inspection plans), evaluate and update documented manufacturing processes
- Provide daily hands-on manufacturing engineering support as required to Manufacturing Associates and Technicians.
- Use analytical problem-solving skills to troubleshoot assembly and test related issues on the manufacturing lines and address root causes.
- Lead or participate in activities to ensure continuous improvement in processes, products, components, raw materials, and equipment.
- Run process and test evaluation to gauge level of control and provide support for SPC.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or other related Engineering discipline is required
- The candidate is expected to have min of 5 years of experience and comprehensive knowledge of semiconductor equipment manufacturing engineering and build process development.
- Hands-on manufacturing experience with an assembly/process development and equipment related background is necessary.
- In depth experience with high complexity system BOM structuring and system configuration is necessary
- Hands-on experience in electro-mechanical NPI environment.
- Candidate must be highly motivated with good organizational and analytical/technical problem-solving skills.
- Must be a self-starter with capability of working under minimal supervision.
- DMAIC problem-solving skills with ability to troubleshoot complex problems and address root causes.
- Candidate must be proficient and hands-on in applications of LEAN principles such as DFT (Design Flow Technology), Value Stream mapping, and 5S, in addition to concepts in Six Sigma quality statistical analysis of processes in an electro-mechanical environment.
- Advanced understanding of area tool configurations, capabilities, process development, and mechanical functionality.
- Advanced data extraction, data analysis, auditing and reporting skills.
- Candidate must have effective written and oral communication skills; capable in communicating to multiple audiences including senior management and customers.
- Candidate has meaningful experience with and strong capability to work well in a team-based environment and promote teamwork.
- Effective organization, project management and planning skills.
- Candidate must have excellent organizational skills, capable of developing, maintaining, and reporting out on project plans and status.
- Technical writing skills to document and update assembly work instructions, quality system procedures, as well as engineering protocols and reports.
- Comfortable working with and around both mechanical and electrical tools and equipment.