By joining the Bio-Techne team you will have an impact on future cutting-edge research. Bio-Techne, and all of its brands, provides tools for researchers in Life Sciences and Clinical Diagnostics.
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for all quality and technical aspects of product manufacturing and process control within the production facility reporting to the Operations Manager. The position requires prior experience in well-established production environments working with multidiscipline (Mech., HW, SW, Optics, Etc.) products and a strong understanding of standard processes and controls.
This position requires strong knowledge and experience in Electronic Engineering in an Electromechanical environment to include circuit design and troubleshooting to component level.
- Lead production organization in Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action Implementation with focus in electronic circuitry.
- Assure product and process quality, including post-customer delivery, by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Analyze assembly/test procedures and methods for process quality improvement
- Develop processes, procedures, and manufacturing fixtures and jigs
- Ensure efficient and accurate NPI transfers into production
- Provide leadership to production personnel in process improvement and good manufacturing practices
- Complete design and development projects through training and guiding technicians
- Provide manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements
- Prepare summaries of product build cycles, yields, defects and issues
- Develop and or evaluate manufacturing processes for design and improvement by applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Provide direction, and training to the Process Engineering technicians.
Education and Experience:
- 7-10 years as a Manufacturing Engineer with strong Electronic Engineering and Troubleshooting Experience.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate electronic designs and components for introduction into manufacturing process
- Proficiency in electrical and electronic testing and troubleshooting of complex electromechanical systems
- Experience troubleshooting complex electronic circuits to component level
- Experience in driving manufacturability in the design of manufacturing processes and products
- Ability to improve manufacturing team’s assembly and troubleshooting skills through training and coaching
- Experience with optics and optical components
- Proficiency with Eagle Cad or other circuit board design software, Adobe Acrobat, and Visio
- Experience with SolidWorks desired
- Ability to generate, evaluate, and implement Engineering Change Orders
- Experience / ability to read and interpret Engineering specifications and tolerances
- ISO 9001 experience or certification
- Strong person who can be a leader, coordinate activities across functional groups, proactive, self-starter
- Bachelor or College degree in Electronic Engineering required.