Job DescriptionWant to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity?Want to be a part of a company that was named as the2016 America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Senior Manufacturing Electrical Engineer to join our team in Coralville, IA. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Rockwell Collins is looking for a Senior Manufacturing Electrical Engineer with experience to work in our Top Level manufacturing facility in Coralville. This position will work with a variety of technology while supporting multiple product lines in our Government Systems Operations. The ideal candidate will have experience in understanding manufacturing test procedures, troubleshooting complex RFcircuitry, and communicating solutions to a broad range of audiences. Daily tasks will include working in close coordination with test technicians, industrial engineers, design engineers, build operators and other support staff. The candidate that will fill this position will benefit from software experience/expertise in applications such as lab view, National Instruments test stand application, Minitab data analysis tools, and use of troubleshooting equipment, not limited to: network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, DMM’s, logic analyzers, power supplies and electronic loads. This position also requires support and troubleshooting of Environmental Stress Simulation, vibration test equipment and software suites.
Otherresponsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
* Trend and Yield analysis of defect modes
* Capacity planning and analysis of product specific equipment.
* Evaluate, select and recommend capital test equipment when appropriate using sound cost/payback analysis.
* Review new product test solutions that maximize test coverage and fit in manufacturing process
* Prepare and present project/technical information to peers, internal management and customers
* Execute lean electronics improvement activities
* Coordinate several projects and complex engineering activities while balancing production priorities and schedules
* Provide technical assistance and training support for test technician training program
* Provide leadership in driving to root cause of fail modes
* Support production schedule
* Continuously evaluate process flow and remove barriers impeding yield and throughput goals
* Evaluate Customer Returned Good (CRG) activity to repair and return units in the most efficient manner.
* Works with Design Engineers to analyze and resolve design tolerance problems. Coordinates design changes or improvements with Design Engineering
A successful candidate will possess:
* Circuit analysis (ability to understand circuit function from schematic) is required.
* Highly motivated and possess effective oral/written communication and interpersonal/team skills
* Excellent time management skills with the ability to delegate work to other team members as necessary in order to meet commitments
* Uses independent judgment to make decisions in day-to-day job responsibilities the majority of the time under general supervision
* Minimum of 5 years of manufacturing support experience.
Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline. US Citizenship is required. Candidate must be able to obtain a US DoD Security Clearance. The following experience is required: 5 years of manufacturing experience, experience in circuit analysis (ability to understand circuit function from schematic). Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
Job ID: IND0000008S