The Senior Manager of Transformation Marketing will be responsible for creating marketing strategies and solutions in support of innovation work focused on transforming the health care experience for consumers. This person will support the marketing strategy process for both short and longer term needs for those transformation projects that live within the CVS retail space. This role is in a unique position to partner with the Transformation strategy and Retail teams in the development cycle to represent the voice of the customer. Additionally s/he will need to partner with multiple strategy and marketing teams order to leverage owned assets and channels across the Enterprise as well as paid and earned channels to maximize reach for these new offerings. This position requires an individual who also has experience participating on a cross-functional team and given the nature and pace of our business, this role must be able to lead and do. This role is ideal for a dynamic marketer who thinks big and pushes boundaries to deliver business results.
1.) Strategic marketing leadership: Support the overall marketing strategy and marketing plans brief for Transformation efforts that come to life in our Retail channels, helping to deliver on business plans and objectives.
- Partner on the development and prioritization of marketing plans, leveraging consumer insights and data to inform the mining and prioritization of consumer messaging that will drive brand awareness, consideration and preference.
- Provide thoughtful insight on strategic marketing efforts and day-to-day management of campaigns in development with a keen sense of detail and organization skills, ensure the team is executing consistently across multiple Enterprise-wide marketing channels.
- Draft executive level presentations of Marketing plans and strategies, along with ongoing business reviews, gathering information from various peer teams and presenting a cohesive strategy.
2.) Cross-Enterprise partnership: Support Transformation leadership by helping them to identify the challenges and opportunities based on the unmet needs of our customers and by sharing key insights with them in order to collaboratively solve for these barriers, pain points and even though needs our customers can't yet articulate.
- Establish strong collaborative working relationships with internal business partners including Transformation, Retail Store Operations (front store and pharmacy), Customer Insights, Enterprise Analytics, Minute Clinic Operations, Media and Creative.
3.) Marketing strategy thought leadership: Provide thought leadership to identify trends and implement best practices for marketing, including analytics, SEM/SEO, email marketing, social media marketing and content amplification.
- Proactive self-education around retail health care and marketing industry trends / best practices to identify opportunities that are consistent with, and reinforce the CVS Health brand.
- Profile new and existing customers to understand opportunities for retention/growth.
4.) Driving Results: Keen sense for delivering results with the team through partnership with Customer Insights, Finance and Analytics.
- Lead project management efforts across marketing plan and partner with Delivery Managers to deliver projects on time and in budget.
- Responsible for the marketing budget including tracking, forecasting, and invoice management.
1. 5+ years of marketing experience with a strong foundation of business, retailer, and consumer understanding
2. 3+ years cross-functional leadership experience
3. 2+ years of retail marketing or retail agency/strategy experience
4. 1+ years of brand or category management experience a plus
5. Proven track record of the ability to work collaboratively with internal and external business partners in delivery of ROI positive results
6. Intellectual curiosity and rigorous analytical experience and a strong familiarity with the digital environment
7. Self-motivated, high capacity individual who can function and win in a demanding, performance-driven environment
8. Excellent communication skills that can be effectively articulated in both written and oral forms across a diverse audience base
9. Creative problem solver who can incorporate new learnings into existing plans and act decisively and independently