Equinix (Nasdaq: EQIX) is the leading global interconnection platform and the world’s largest data center provider. With more than 180 data centers on five continents and $4+ billion in annual revenue, we dream big and hire people who want to help us build a historically significant company.
The Worldwide Sales Planning Manager will lead the global sales planning function across target setting, quota planning, territory planning, and sales coverage design collaborating with peers supporting global sales, field sales, inside sales, and channel sales.
This role will report to the Senior Director of Sales Strategy and Planning. This is a roll up your sleeves and get the work done role where the candidate needs to be comfortable executing analysis, bringing insights, and driving sales planning into execution that creates business outcomes of increased bookings, new logos, increased revenue, and renewals.
- Lead the worldwide annual sales target setting and quota setting process across global accounts, field accounts, inside sales, and channel sales on a worldwide basis. Use Anaplan for quota setting.
- Lead the quarterly analysis and insights for the worldwide Chief Sales Officer metrics for the sales organization which rolls up the critical operational metrics associated with the annual sales plan.
- Lead annual sales coverage design which analyzes improvements to the sales force design / layout that accelerates bookings / revenue in the next fiscal year’s planning cycle. Bring recommendations to each sales organization that increases bookings, sales productivity, new logos, or improves renewals.
- Audit and improve the overall sales firmographics (revenue / segmentation) for use in sales coverage design.
- Steward the overall quota planning process with a matrix of regional sales planning functions to rollout enhancements and deploy the overall sales planning targets across both territory planning and quota planning.
- Work on improvement projects for specific sales territories that deliver recommendations and insights that deliver deep value to territories that need performance improvements.
- Collaborate with the Anaplan administrator on enhancements to the overall quota planning process
- Collaborate with worldwide and regional finance functions on the annual target setting process.
- Collaborate with 3rd party outside vendors like InsideView, Datafox, Gartner, Anaplan, etc. to identify best practices in Sales Planning that can be leveraged and deployed across the organization.
- Develop executive presentations on the status of Sales Planning elements on a monthly / quarterly basis.
- Collaborate with Sales Compensation on the design and implementation of the annual plan changes.
- Collaborate with Sales Reporting & Analytics on the necessary data to support worldwide planning needs
- Collaborate with Acquisition Integration teams to support the integration of new firms within the quota setting, territory planning, and overall metrics process.
- 7+ years of business experience with 3+ years in sales planning
- Experience with Salesforce.com and Anaplan
- Strong understanding of MS Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Worldwide experience leading teams across EMEA, APAC, and AMER
- Strong facilitation and workshop skills to co-create solutions that meet diverse needs
- Curious individual with strong initiative and ability to work in a self-directed environment.
- Organization and prioritization skills; ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment
- Bachelor's is accepted; MBA is preferred