Imagine New Horizons...
BIOVIA is looking for a Senior Manager of User Assistance with a strong background in technical writing and project management, to join our User Assistance team and take responsibility for technical and scientific product documentation for a range of products in the scientific domain developed in our offices worldwide.
This is an excellent opportunity to experience technical writing within a scientific software research and development environment and work to shape and drive a team to success.
BIOVIA, a brand of Dassault Systèmes, is a leading scientific product lifecycle management software and services company. BIOVIA's customer base includes the world's largest pharmaceutical, biotechnology, chemical and petroleum companies.
What will your role be?
- Document enhancements and new product developments for BIOVIA's portfolio of commercial software solutions.
- Oversee and manage a global team of 7-10 Technical Writers - balancing workload, identify the right tools for the job, liaise with stakeholders, and ensure quality delivery while adhering to company practices, processes, and methodology
The challenges ahead:
- Hands-on creation of documentation for BIOVIA software, including new cloud services on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform.
- Management, technical leadership, review, and quality assurance of end-user documentation for upcoming releases
- Ensure software development practices are followed for all user assistance deliveries
Your key success factors:
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific or technical field
- 7+ years of experience in a technical writing capacity within a high tech environment (product, software, etc.)
- Demonstrated success in developing and managing a technical team – experience having direct reports
- Demonstrated ability to scope, resource, plan, track, and execute against a schedule-driven delivery timeline, in close collaboration with other stakeholders teams.
- Excellent communication skills, specifically strong technical writing ability
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable
- Active learner who is undaunted by highly technical and scientific content.
- Experience of using Flare & JIRA or similar tools
- Familiarity with agile development.