Establish and Lead the global Center of Excellence for the preparation and submission of Federal (Physician Payments (Sunshine) transparency reports for all OPUS globally. Management of remote analysts in Argentina including oversight of the data QC and corrective actions. Coordinates efforts to comply with the Federal Physician Payment Sunshine Provisions of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, transparency and public disclosure, and other related transparency and disclosure initiatives pertaining to BI interactions with Healthcare Professionals and Organizations.
Develop process and facilitate the Fair Market Value (FMV) assessment of US HCPS and FMV re-evaluation process for global engagements with US HCPs.
Perform analytics and Develop reports for senior management. Participate in special projects as assigned by Director, Compliance Operations.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Accountable for establishing the Center of Excellence including: oversight and leading the preparation and submission of US and global (34+ countries) HCP spend on US HCPs as defined by CMS Physician Payments Sunshine Act (This is Government regulated, with high public visibility and high risk to the organization)
- Collaborate with IS to ensure data integrity and accuracy of submissions.
- Lead the QC of global QC Federal T&D data, handling of disputes and correcting data
- Follow up and close out on global T&D monitoring findings
- Provide requirements and review of data analytics of T&D data to be incorporated into analytics dashboard
- Manage projects associated with source system changes (i.e. SAP. Veeva, Concur etc.) that impact data collection, reporting, and monitoring to ensure continuity of T&D data reporting.
- Collaborate and communicate with BI colleagues in other departments as appropriate regarding aggregate spend and transparency information.
- Manage policies, procedures and processes related to transparency and disclosure
- Develop and implement a cross-border transparency and disclosure / FMV program
- Effectively communicate and deliver formalized training related to these topics across cultures to global audiences
- Train responsible individuals at global OPUS on Cross-border T&D / FMV process
- Responsible for gathering data from various sources (Both US and Global)for purposes of data analyses (e.g. T&D; FMV) and incorporation into analytics dashboard to proactively assess compliance risks
- Remain current with all Federal and State laws and regulations related to transparency and disclosure including Federal Physician Sunshine Payment Provisions and Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- Management of QC analysts in Argentina that requires effective communication, training, organization and prioritization skills.
- Lead the follow up on disputes and potential compliance infractions related to HCP engagements and/or Speaker programs to ensure they are addressed accordingly and appropriate CAPA's have been implemented.
- A Bachelors Degree from an accredited institution or equivalent experience required.
- Five-plus (5+) years of experience working in a compliance environment, including demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the requirements for effective compliance programs as set forth in the U.S. Sentencing Guidelines.
- Previous experience in Pharmaceutical Compliance environment preferred
- Subject Matter Expert of Physician Sunshine Payment Provisions of Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act and pharmaceutical industry transparency requirements.
- Experience in project management with the ability to manage multiple projects/assignments concurrently. Demonstrated planning, organization skills. Detail-oriented with the ability to meet multiple deadlines.
- Experience in extracting and reviewing documentation from various systems
- Experience in maintaining accurate records in systems; accurate data entry, and ensure supporting documentation is complete
- Demonstrated ability to make fact-based analyses and decisions.
- High degree of proficiency with spreadsheets, databases and project management systems.
- Knowledge of US FCPA and implementation of Anti bribery Anti Corruption program a plus
- Must possess strong verbal, written, presentation and other communication skills.
- Must demonstrate ability to collaborate and partner across the organization (locally and globally) both with peers and senior management.
- Adapts to changing conditions and drives accountability and results
- Able to work independently and deliver results with minimal supervision
- Multi-lingual ability a plus
- Ability for travel