The Sr. Manager, Training Events will manage Align Technology’s (makers of Invisalign) one/two-day educational customer training courses. Customer training events consist of 400-450 one/two-day educational events for General Dentists, Orthodontists, and their teams, located in venues throughout the United States and Canada. The Strategic Sr. Manager, Training Events, will report to the Manager, Training Events and will be responsible for implementing new courses and maintaining existing courses within the Ortho Channel. Key responsibilities will include collaboration with cross-functional teams on new courses, developing an implementation process, maintaining and updating current course information and dissemination to course operations team and vendors. The ideal candidate will be customer service focused, have excellent organization and communication skills and will have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. This position is highly cross-functional, and will require strong interpersonal, negotiation, and business skills and works closely with Align’s Marketing Team. Align Technology is a highly-collaborative environment and this position requires the ability to work within in a team, and to seek out and drive new initiatives for the team. Customer centric, world class events are required as standard operating procedure. Relentless execution and sustained excellence will be key indicators of success in this role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Primary Liaison with specified Channel (Ortho) in relation to customer training courses. Develop a deep understanding of all courses within this channel and become the expert on the team regarding execution of these courses.
- Develop and drive course implementation process with cross-functional teams. Seek ways to streamline process and improve course operation and internal communication.
- Event management (F&B, A/V, etc.), venue sourcing, collateral management, shipping coordination, oversee registration and manage staffing for pilot courses.
- Manage speaker meetings and industry courses related to Channel.
- Attend live training courses to review ways to improve on-site operation and enhance customer experience.
- Schedulepilot programs and provide updates to sales team and cross-functional teams
- Communicate updates and changes to existing and new courses. Resource for Area Event Specialists regarding all courses within specific channel
- Oversee and manage all existing courses within specific channel and troubleshoot issues as they arise
- Create and manage new course event operation budgets and provide regular updates to sales and finance
- Manage event collateral and presentations with cross-functional teams for new and existing programs
- Communicate with Field Sales regarding new courses
- Manage relationships with vendors that impact the operations of the Clinical Training Events.
- Liaise with cross-functional Professional Education team on an ongoing basis
- Take on special projects within the team to improve efficiencies (i.e. RFP’s for new vendors, developing new processes, exploring new technologies)
- Act as resource for on-site teams on Thursdays and Fridays (from office location)
- On-site travel (as needed) to assist with program operation, company and team meetings (Approx. 20%). More travel will be required during onboarding.
- World class customer service and issue resolution skills
- Superior data and spreadsheet management
- Budget management expertise
- Excellent business writing and grammar skills
- Experience working cross-functionally and driving internal timeline and projects
- Ability to create and implement processes
- Team player that takes ownership and also seeks out opportunities to help other members of the team
- Ability to focus on the details and also think big picture
- Problem solver that drives solutions to known challenges
- Ability to travel 10-15% (including some weekends), more during ramp-up
- Open and direct, tough but fair, focused, flexible, and motivated to achieve personal best
- This is a full-time position located in San Jose, CA
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years event management experience
- Previous agency side (client service) experiencepreferred
- CMP (Certified Meeting Professional) preferred