Under general direction from the Senior Vice President Software Engineering , the Senior Manager, Test Engineering and Accessibility is responsible for all software testing activities both automated and manual related to the systems that support the SupplyTech and FinTech divisions and drive the business toward its objectives. The Senior Manager directly supervises and oversees software development test engineering teams charged with innovation of the various client-facing application(s), as well as manual Quality Assurance efforts for legacy systems. This position is responsible for determining Inmar’s Corporate Accessibility strategy and inter department implementation of same.
- Oversees the creation and implementation of automated testing frameworks for the following:
- Web UI Automation Framework using Selenium Web Driver, Specflow, NUnit, C#, Extent Open source reporting, BrowserStack, Axe Core Library
- Mobile Automation Framework (for both iOS and Android) using Appium, Specflow, NUnit, C#
- API Automation Framework using Specflow, NUnit, C#
- Java based integrated hardware and software platforms using Selenium, Web Driver, Junit, Cucumber, Java
- Accessibility Testing Frameworks
- May act as Scrum Master for agile teams within department, works closely with Product Owner(s) to ensure scope and requirements are properly defined, provides leadership to the team in the planning, requirements analysis, design, coding, testing, implementation, and post-implementation of complex information system projects.
- Provide technical and architectural oversight for innovation work of the team and coordinates design concepts across groups
- Understand and communicate needs of Supply Chain, Healthcare and FinTech software products – platforms, technologies, performance, capacity and staffing.
- Collaborate with Product Owner(s) to build, groom and sustain a healthy backlog of user stories that are ready for implementation.
- In combination with Senior Leadership Team, define, develop and implement a corporate software accessibility strategy
- Schedule and manage prioritized pipeline of development into the team and ensure timely delivery of development effort, while managing technical project risks.
- Responsible for the development and application of automated unit tests in a continuous integration environment.
- Monitor the team’s adherence to documented security, confidentiality, and privacy and HIPAA/PHI/PII guidelines.
- Review activities and documentation
- Train new team members on documented guidelines
- Work with Director and internal/external auditors to maintain documentation when processes and procedures change
- Ensure code quality by leading code reviews and correcting deficits when discovered.
- Accountable for staffing projections, mid-year and year-end performance reviews, salary planning and administration, employee development and mentoring, and promoting a culture of open and honest communication, partnership, continuous improvement and opportunities.
- Responsible for measuring and improving technical competence of team members.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 8+ years or related work experience in software engineering
- Ability to effectively manage all phases of application development and support; including planning, monitoring, and control, team formation and development, project tracking and project deliverables
- Proficient in Microsoft programming languages to include web based UI, services, SQL Server database, security and network capabilities.
- Proven ability to manage teams as Scrum Master
- Demonstrated leadership ability and capabilities in effectively building and managing teams
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of Accessibility software development guidelines and standards is desired
- Appropriate Accessibility certifications such as CPWA, CPACC, WAS is desired