We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
- Manage engineering test and development teams specific to program or local site. Includes test planning, vehicle management, instrumentation, and test facility responsibility.
- Provide direction on technical issue resolution.
- Ensure prototype vehicle fleet uptime for the given program or locality.
- Support cross-functional testing and development activities with local software and hardware engineering teams.
- Manage Requirements and DVP test planning for an assigned program.
- Communicate technical status of program or location effectively.
- Build, develop, and maintain a strong team, ensuring they are adequately supported.
- Develop relationships across the business and externally to ensure the work of the team influences the vehicle and industry in a positive manner.
- Assist team in testing vehicles and the problem-solving process using first principals engineering.
This is what you’ll need:
- Clear understanding of test planning and management with experience in durability, reliability, and general development
- 12+ years of Engineering experience with at least one program launch
- Strong leadership behaviors, ideally with direct team building and management experience
- Efficent communication with executive level and the ability to make timely informed decisions
- Testing and troubleshooting experience is an asset
- Proven track record of ability to define, manage and deliver plans