Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 277 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
As the Risk and Compliance Officer, this role will serve as the primary contact on risk and compliance for the Chief Technology Officer & the Enterprise Data Services organizations. The Senior Manager, Technology Risk Oversight will be responsible for: � Executing risk and compliance assessments including inherent risks, mapping risks and obligations as well as to define annual risk and compliance plans. � Assisting with implementing the technology risk and compliance program across PayPal and adjacencies, including policies, procedures, and maintenance of the technology risk framework, associated controls, and reporting. � Supporting ongoing and targeted compliance monitoring and/or testing. � Providing ongoing support of business unit's issue management and remediation efforts. � Assisting with the development of policies and procedures. � Preparing periodic reports summarizing the business units' risk and control environment. � Engaging key Risk and Compliance program stakeholders to help support business unit initiatives. � Enabling the implementation and execution of the enterprise risk management strategy and program for the technology organizations. � Developing and foster a risk-awareness and risk-minded culture. � Providing subject matter support on technology risk appetite, obligations/ risk mapping, and control framework. � Developing key risk indicators (KRIs) to monitor and communicate to key stakeholders. � Participating in technology related projects and initiatives to bring a pro-active risk management focus into solutions. � Providing strategic and tactical direction and consultation on technology risk management.Skills and Experience:
This position will be asked to demonstrate experience and competence by:
- 7-10 years of Risk, Technology, Compliance, Regulatory, Audit, banking or similar experience.
- Demonstrating strong and effective leadership skills and ability to operate comfortably within a complex cultural, global environment.
- Working autonomously, as well as part of multiple teams, as a collaborator and advisor.
- Ensuring products and services are designed with technology risk in mind (data, security, privacy by design).�
- Creating and delivering effective training and enhancing awareness around technology risk management to foster the organization's understanding.
- Understanding and advising on complex technology risk.
- Possessing sound judgment, flexibility and nimbleness in changing courses and solving problems swiftly.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to multitask effortlessly and manage competing priorities under demanding deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, manage projects and drive/achieve results.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Operate with strong integrity with the ability to handle projects of a sensitive and confidential nature.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.