Our PURPOSE—to enable healthier lives everywhere, every day—is driven by a PASSION to become global champions for women’s health. We succeed by fulfilling our PROMISE to bring The Science of Sure® to life through product quality, clinical differentiation, customer relationships and our team’s talent and engagement.
Our Purpose is simple: to enable healthier lives everywhere, every day. Toward this end, we offer clinically proven products designed to detect, diagnose and treat disease and other health conditions that primarily affect women—earlier and more accurately than ever to provide ever greater certainty and peace of mind. This focus has fueled our long track record of innovative medical breakthroughs across many therapeutic areas—breast health, cervical health, body composition, gynecologic health, perinatal health, skeletal health and sexual health—touching the lives of more than 230 million women around the world every year. In fact, as global champions for women’s health, no company in the world has done more to fight cervical and breast cancer than Hologic—and we will continue to challenge ourselves to ensure that future generations of women have access to our life-saving innovations.
Of course, none of this would be possible without the talent and passion of our employees. Together, our collective expertise and dedication to develop and market robust, science-based certainty, sustain a pipeline of exceptional solutions that respond to the unmet health and wellness needs of women, families and communities. And when we fulfill our purpose and promise to the world, we also fulfill another goal: a business that generates sustainable global financial growth from which success and prosperity for our company, employees and investors naturally follow.
The Senior Manager of Technical Support will be pivotal to achieving our goal of delivering great customer experiences which enables customers to maximize Hologic equipment uptime as well as facilitate them meeting their safety and regulatory compliance goals.
Our Technical Support team provides remote support, troubleshooting and issue resolution for Hologic customers (e.g. radiology technologists, clinical specialists, biomedical engineers) and field staff (clinical application specialists) to facilitate the successful use of Hologic products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent may be asked to perform other function-related activities in addition to the below mentioned responsibilities as reasonably required by business needs.
- Act as a primary management escalation resource for customer and internal feedback pertaining to the team.
- Oversee the technical support of company customers by field engineers, technicians, and support specialists, who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing one or more of the following: complex electro/mechanical equipment, sophisticated computer systems, software systems/applications, or networking and wireless networking systems.
- Ensure that all Support work processes are documented and kept current to achieve our customer satisfaction, operational and compliance objectives.
- Ensure that the team follows established support processes and best practices to ensure expedited resolution of all customer requests, SOP compliance and positive customer experiences.
- Implement Knowledge Centric Support (KCS) practices
- Provide regular management updates and reports on team performance to the Service/CX Leadership team.
- Recruit, manage and ensure the ongoing professional development of the Support team members.
- Effectively engage and motivate the Support team to achieve the departmental objectives.
- Collaborate and build strong partnerships with other leaders in the Service/CX organization and other interfacing departments.
- Play a lead role in representing the Technical Support organization in B&SH divisional customer experience, compliance and quality initiatives.
- Establish and maintains lines of communication with design engineering and software development on design, reliability and maintenance issues.
- Implement strategy to ensure full and complete engagement by all of the skeletal health staff members.
- Implement strategic policies when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Develop, train, and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Establishes and assures adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans, and performance requirements.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned, to meet company and department objectives.
- Adhere to the Company's quality and regulatory compliance requirements, without exception, and ensures that all job duties inherent in the position description are performed in accordance with established policies and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required:
- Extensive technical troubleshooting and root cause analysis experience in technology organizations.
- Proven track record of excellence in using support center best practices to manage a high volume, mission critical technical support center.
- Extensive experience and expert knowledge of customer support work processes and best practices.
- Advocate for operational excellence and passionate about customer service.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills.
- Leadership, teamwork, influencing, mentoring, coaching and interpersonal skills, along with analytical, problem-solving, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to interact effectively within the team, with senior management and across all levels of the organization.
- Self-motivated, results-driven, detail-oriented, deadline-driven and action-oriented
- Proven ability to effectively multi-task and manage multiple priorities with tight time constraints.
- Proven ability to work under pressure, adapt and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in managing successful remote support teams.
- Strong knowledge of support tools such as CRM, knowledge management and ACD systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Basic understanding of medical imaging technology, DICOM and PACS storage systems is helpful, but not required.
- Experience in assuring adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans, and performance requirements.
- Familiarity with the healthcare industry and medical technology is helpful, but not required.
- BA/BS degree in management, computer science, or a related technical discipline such as electrical, electronic or biomedical engineering.
- A minimum of 10+ years related job experience is required in a customer, technical, or field support role with at least 5 years spent in a technical support management capacity for complex software applications or medical devices.
- Prior management experience in a service environment working with customers to resolve problems related to medical devices and medical workflow is a plus.
- This position requires availability after hours, on select holidays as well as on weekends to respond to escalated issues from customers or employees.
Agency and Third Party Recruiter Notice:
Agencies that submit a resume to Hologic must have a current executed Hologic Agency Agreement executed by a member of the Human Resource Department. In addition Agencies may only submit candidates to positions for which they have been invited to do so by a Hologic Recruiter. All resumes must be sent to the Hologic Recruiter under these terms or they will not be considered.
Hologic, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer inclusive of disability and veterans.