Responsible for comprehensive management of the Technical Support group located at Cymer San Diego. Manages department operations. Provides direct management of a team of technical engineers engaged in testing, analyzing, troubleshooting and commissioning Cymer eximer laser products located at Cymer headquarters, Direct Customer Site Operations, and End-Users globally. Participates in resolving product escalations and top technical issues requiring rapid containment and resolution.
- Manages budget, personnel, and oversees operations of a 7x24 technical support center.
- Establishes operational objectives and work plans that are reviewed by director to determine success of operation. Delegates assignments as appropriate.
- Leads muliple teams and provides direction on complex technical subjects.
- Develops, interprets, implements, and monitors policies and processes that typically affect a work group and enacts modifications to improve overall productivity.
- Ensures timely capture, review, reporting, and responses to reported productdeficiencies, escalations, and top technical issues impacting product performance.
- Interfaces regularly with Support Engineers and Service Managers, Direct Customer Site Operations managers, and End-Users to develop, enhance, and align a high quality supportnetwork.
- Determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals. Provides guidance to subordinates within the latitude of established company policies and operating guidelines.
- Leads internal technical meetings and product issues identification and drives action to reduce product deficiencies, escalations and top technical issues.
- Assures document development and distribution of Technical Procedures, Technical Bulletins, Field Service Alerts, Field Changes Orders, and “Best Practices” across all released products.
- Works cross-functionally with all departments to promote the success of a world-class customer services and support organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
- Minimum of twelve (12) years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of experience and education with a minimum of five (5) years of service operations management, preferably in an optics or a semiconductor equipment discipline.
- Preferred: Applied service experience in semiconductor photolithography/semiconductor fab environment.
- Highly preferred: Recent exposure to Deep Ultra Violet (DUV) equipment installations and support, i.e, stepping and or scanning “Photo Lithography Imaging” systems, DUV metrology systems, DUV excimer lasers or specific DUV Beam Delivery Systems.
- Ability to travel via air and auto approximately 20% of the time. However, work demands may require periods up to 100% travel for several weeks, depending on situational circumstance.
- Strong project management skills in facilitating projects/activities.
- Ability to work under deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to apply interpersonal skills necessary to manage in a highly intensive and time-sensitive support organization.
- Ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from, others in sensitive situations, without damage to the relationship.
- Demonstrated strengths in electronics, software, mechanical engineering, optics, and resource management
- Possesses a basic knowledge in utilizing design engineering tools including the capability of statistically analyzing data and reporting it in graphical formats (trend charts, CpK, Control Charts, Gauge R&R Studies).
- Experience with complex system performance data analysis, system troubleshooting and applied technical problem solving skills as required in order to effectively understand and effectively manage operations.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Can work under deadlines.