The Senior Manager, Technical Project Management leads overall project management at BECU. Responsible for providing leadership, coordination and management of the PMO staff, processes and function. This role facilitates and drives critical decisions and manages the day to day project activities to ensure project implementations comply with methodologies, best practices and delivers expected business outcomes.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU Competencies, compliance, regulatory and Information Protection requirements.
- Define and develop enterprise-wide project management practices, governance standards, processes and metrics.
- Provide ongoing coaching, mentoring and training of staff to develop and encourage their performance. Meet with staff on a timely basis for the purpose of conducting personnel evaluations and providing feedback.
- Lead the continual progression of the Scrum framework at BECU, maintaining a focus on continual improvement.
- Tracking key project milestones and recommending adjustments to project managers.
- Drive process development and process improvement efforts, working with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Assign project managers to projects, programs, and other key initiatives to support the business.
- Collaborates with members of the Development, QA, and Release Management teams to support and improve our regular release process.
- Educate and provide thought leadership for project management methodologies throughout the organization.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU Competencies and Information Protection requirements.
- Incorporates effective change and risk management controls.
- Deliver all projects contained in the BECU project portfolio on time, within budget and meeting the strategic and business objectives.
- Define and refine the metrics used for the application of the waterfall and Scrum frameworks.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree computer science, business administration or other related discipline, or equivalent education or work experiencerequired. Advanced degreepreferred.
- Minimum 10 years of managing projects, programs or portfolios.
- Minimum 3 years of leadership experience.
- Strong knowledge in software development processes, with practical experience with both Waterfall and project management methodology and Scrum framework.
- Demonstrated track record of successfully delivering large/complex projects, including project scope, schedule, resources, quality, costs and change management.
- Exceptional management and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient verbal and written skills to effectively communicate in the English language.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, and to gather and analyze information skillfully.
- Full-time hours required, with additional hours as necessary.
BECU is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.