As a Senior Manager, Product Management (Technical) for Alexa on Mobile, you will define, execute, and deliver a product roadmap that adds great value to Alexa’s customers.
You will participate in developing the strategy and vision for the group, and you will develop and look after product roadmaps and features based on team strategy and vision. This role is inherently cross-functional -- you will work closely with engineering, business development, operations, finance and executive teams to bring features to market and develop and grow business opportunities for Amazon. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies, business models and capabilities into high quality, simple products and applications that customers love.
· Lead the development of customer-focused product strategy, revenue models and vision supported by internal and external analysis
· Define creative, high quality, simple product roadmaps based on team strategy and vision
· Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application
· Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, financial returns, performance and operational support load
· Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
· Work closely with engineering, business development and program management to deliver products to market
· Drive product launches including working with marketing, executives, and other product management team members
· Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
Bachelor’s degree or higher with a technical discipline
- 10+ years of professional experience with 6+ years of software product or mobile application and platform product management experience
- 5+ years of experience working on Android, iOS, Windows or other mobile software/applications
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on tight deadlines
- Experience delivering solutions enabling customers to discover, install, and manage mobile apps and/or services.
- Product management experience with voice based user interfaces and virtual assistants.
- Experience delivering mobile focused consumer software products and services in a high growth environment
- 10+ years of consumer facing software product management experience in mobile applications and mobile platform ecosystems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
- High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
· History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Broad technical breadth and depth including familiarity with mobile technology, web services and back-end application infrastructure.
Job ID: 618122